When you step into the blackjack online world, you are entering the world of one of the most popular card games ever created. Let Betiton Casino in Canada become the main source of your blackjack gaming entertainment as we offer a large variety of fun blackjack games.
If you are new to this wonderful card game, then do not worry as we will provide you everything that you need to know about this entertaining game.
We will inform you about blackjack basics, looking at the different variations and rules that the game can be found in, from virtual blackjack casino variations that play like online slotsthat are simple and very fast to play, to live dealer games that allow you to play against a live dealer as well as other live players.
What Exactly is Blackjack Online
Blackjack is a card game that is extremely diverse, and it is one of the few casino games where your destiny can be decided by the actions that you take as the game progresses. This is completely different to jackpot slots– these are games that are based purely on luck, which is why they often come with big money prizes.
So, how is this game played? Well, you will be glad to hear that it is not a difficult game to pick up. The dealer will deal each player at the table two cards and will then deal himself two, with one of the cards face-up. You can then look at your cards and you have to decide if you want to hit (be given another card) or stand (you keep the hand that you have). Your aim is to have a higher hand than the dealer without going over the value of 21. You do not care if your hand does not beat your fellow players, but if the value of your hand goes above 21, you go bust and you lose your stake.
Sometimes you will be given the option of splitting your hand (if you have a pair). To do this, you have place down another wager of the same value of your original wager, and then you will have two hands that the casino will treat as two separate hands.
There are plenty of blackjack variants out there, so you might come across a blackjack game that has some slightly different rules.
Therefore, before you start playing a blackjack variant, we recommend that you take the time to familiarize yourself with the rules.
What Are Online Blackjack Rules?
At Betiton, we want all our players to be able to play with confidence. Therefore, below we have taken the time to list the generic rules of this game that will come in handy when you are playing the different blackjack variants that can be found at our online casino.
- When you sit down at a blackjack table, whether online or at a land-based casino, the first thing that you need to do is put down a wager
- Once every player has placed their bets, they will receive two cards from the dealer and the dealer will give himself two, with one of his cards placed face-up so that everyone can see
- Each player then has several decisions that they need to make. Do you take an extra card, known as a hit? Do they keep the hand they have and receive no additional card, known as a stand? You will also often have the option to “Double Down”, which gives you the opportunity to double your original wager and receive an additional card. Lastly, if you have a pair, you can split them to form two different hands
- Once each player at the table has made their decision, the action passes over to the dealer
- The dealer will turn over his face-down card to expose his full hand
- If his hand has a value of less than 16, he must take a hit. If his hand is 17 or above, he has to stand. These are the rules that he has to abide by
- When the dealer stands, he will compare his hand with the hand of every player at the table and those that have a better hand than him without going beyond 21 will be a winner. If the dealer goes beyond 21, every player still left in the round will win. If there is a tie, the player will receive his full stake back. .
These are the basic blackjack rules and they cover both live and virtual games. It is these simple rules that makes blackjack one of the most popular casino games in Canada around.
What You Need to Know about the Game of Blackjack
Blackjack is a game that is diverse as a game of roulette online in Canada, which is another highly popular traditional casino game that gives players the chance to control their bets. Blackjack is a unique card game that has been around for generations and has changed over time to create different variants that are now popular as the original.
Here at Betiton, you will be able to play a wide variety of blackjack games and we really hope that you will enjoy them.
Find the Best Online Casino Blackjack Games for You
To help you find the blackjack game that suits you best, we have made sure that all our players can play the blackjack games that we offer for free. When you are playing for free, you can concentrate on learning all about that particular blackjack variant, without having to worry about losing any of your own money. Once you have practiced enough, you will have the knowledge and skills to then play for real cash and to enjoy some live dealer blackjack games.
Discover Popular Online Blackjack Games
Now that you are privy to the basic rules of this game and you know that you can play for free or for real money at Betiton online casino, let us now have a look at five of the most popular types of blackjack that exists at our casino.
- Blackjack Multi-Hand: This 8-deck blackjack variant was created by iSoftBet. With this variant, the split option is only allowed once, which gives a maximum of twice per hand. You can also claim some “insurance”, which comes with a 2:1 payout. There is no “surrender” move available and if you get blackjack, there is a 3:2 payout. The RTP of this game is 99.4%.
- Atlantic City Blackjack: This variant was produced by Microgaming, one of the biggest software developers out there. There are 8 decks and players can split up to three times per game. The dealer has to stand on a soft and hard 17. If you split your cards, you then have the option to double down. There is a “surrender” option too. The RTP of this variant stands at 99.68%.
- Vegas Downtown Blackjack: This is another blackjack variant that was created by Microgaming. When you are playing this variant, you will be able to split a pair of any value. You can only double down on your first two cards. There is the option of buying insurance, but there is no option to surrender. The dealer is obliged to take a hit with a soft 17. The RTP of this variant is 99.65%.
- Blackjack European: This variant was developed by Red Rake and makes use of 6 decks. The dealer has no choice but to stand on 17. You can only split once per hand and a blackjack pays out at 3:2. You can Double Down after splitting, while before that it is only possible with a hand value of 9, 10, or 11. The RTP of this blackjack variant stands at 99.34%.
- Blackjack Royal Pairs: This is another blackjack variant by iSoftBet and it also uses 8 decks. You can split once per hand and you can claim insurance that will pay out at 2:1. If you land a blackjack, the payout will be 3:2. If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace or had a value of 10, the dealer is not allowed to check for a blackjack. This game has side betting Royal pairs. The RTP is 99.40% for the original game and 93.72% for the Royal Pairs.
The above helps to highlight just how diverse blackjack is and how all blackjack games offer great odds. When it comes to fair casino games, you cannot get any fairer than blackjack. What about the house edge? Well, the house edge of a blackjack game is a lot lower than that of scratch cards.
What about Live Blackjack?
Inside the Betiton casino, you will be able to find a great live casino platform. You will be able to play at 59 blackjack tables where you will be able to take on the dealer. Live games are considered by many to be the best form of online gambling due to its immersive qualities.
Betiton’s selection of casino live blackjack games includes:
- Speed Blackjack Live
- Blackjack Party
- Platinum Blackjack
- Blackjack Diamond
- The Strip Blackjack
You will find that live games play in a different way to their virtual counterparts. There is a live streaming platform that makes use of real cards, real blackjack tables, and everything is being played out in real time. Live gaming gives you a realistic gambling experience without you having to leave your home. You can also interact with your fellow players and the dealer, which makes everything seem more authentic. However, while you can see the dealer, he will not be able to see you.
Furthermore, keep an eye on our Betiton promotions page as there will be regular bonuses there that will allow you to play live blackjack with extra credit.
Are There Any New Blackjack Games?
When it comes to gambling, our main aim is to provide our players with the best software around and the newest game releases. Therefore, we will continuously update our games lobby to provide you with more entertainment and to increase you chances of winning at our casino.
For blackjack, we are happy to be able to tell you that we have teamed up with iSoftBet to develop 2 unique blackjack games that you cannot find at any other online casino.
Betiton Casino Blackjack: In this variant the dealer has to hit at 16 and has to stand at 17. You can place a wager as low as $0.01 and the maximum wager is $10.00.
Betiton Casino Blackjack Multi-Hand: This 8-deck blackjack variant pays out 3:2 for blackjack and 2:1 for insurance. Dealers have to hit until they get at least 16 and have to stand on 17. The minimum wager that you can place is $0.01 while the maximum wager stands at $10.00.
How to Play Blackjack Online in Canada
Blackjack rules are easy enough to get to grips with within a couple of minutes. When you are playing virtual blackjack games, you will have some automated guidance to help you along your way. These are instructions that you should consider when it comes to deciding what your next move is going to be.
Below we are going to explain some of the most common terms that are used in a game of blackjack:
- Hard/Soft: An ace can have a value of 11 or 1. This is what makes a hand hard or soft. A hard hand is when the ace card can only be used as 1 because if you use it as 11, you will end up going bust. A soft hand is the opposite – you can use the ace as 1 or 11 without the fear of going bust.
- Push: This is the term that is used when there is a tie in a game with both a player and the dealer having the same value hand. When there is a push, the player will get their stake returned.
- Hit/Stand: These are the two most common phrases and often work in tandem. When you hit, you are asking for another card. When you stand, you are happy with the hand that you have.
- Double Down: This is when you are given one extra card with your original wager becoming double.
- Insurance: If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, you will often have the option of putting down a blackjack side bet. Here you are betting that the dealer will have a blackjack. If he does, you will be given a payout of 2:1.
- Split: This move gives you the option of separating your hand into two hands. Some variants have different rules on you can and cannot split, but the common rule is that the two cards have to be the same value to split.
- Surrender: If you think that the dealer has a better hand that you, you can pull out and claim back half of your bet.
- Blackjack 21: If you hit a blackjack (a hand that values 21), you will receive a 3:2 payout.
What Is the Value of Online Blackjack Cards?
Regardless of what blackjack variant you are playing, all cards will have the same value. So, what exactly are the values? Well, we are going to reveal those for you right now.
- The number cards have the value that is written on them
- Jacks, Queens, and Kings are valued at 10
- Ace cards can be 1 or 11
Online Casino Blackjack Basics for Canadian Beginners
Playing a new game can be daunting for many players at a casino. We are fully aware of this, which is why we want to assist our players and help you become comfortable with games such as blackjack. This is why we will provide all our players with the opportunity to play our games in demo mode.
When it comes to real money blackjack variants, it is always wise to make all your decisions based on the dealer’s face card, rather than the hand that you have. If the dealer’s face card is 2-6, then you know that their hand will be weak. If it is 7-8, then it is going to be a moderate hand. If the face-up card is 9 or higher, you know that they are going to have a strong hand. By knowing this information, you will be able to make wise choices when you make your moves.
What is Blackjack Insurance?
Insurance is a side bet that you have the option of placing if the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace or a card that has a value of ten. You are betting that the dealer will have a blackjack. However, is it a side bet that is worth risking?
Well, the general opinion between blackjack players is that placing an insurance side bet is not that advantageous. At best, you will break even, but you will lose the main game.
What about Split Cards?
Splitting cards gives you two chances to beat the dealer as you are playing two hands against their one. The downside of this option is that you have to double your original wager, so if you lose both hands, you will lose double the money that you would have.
The splitting rules will vary depending on what blackjack variant you are playing, but the common rule is that your original hand has to be two cards of the same value. A tip when it comes to splitting is to do so when you have two aces and this makes it easier for you to get a blackjack.
Play Online Blackjack Games at Betiton for Real Money
Betiton provides blackjack players with lots of opportunities. You can decide how to play – against live dealers and alongside fellow gamblers or by yourself with our virtual machines.
Playing with real money is something that you consider seriously as we do not have the power to help you win each time. We wish we did, but we do not.
When it comes to betting in blackjack, there are three main bet types that you can place.
Ante: This is the bet that you have to place when you first sit down at a blackjack table. Your ante bet has to be above or equal to the minimum wager set at the table.
Double Down: With this type of bet, you are basically placing down an extra bet that is equal to your original wager. You will then be given an extra card to try and improve your odds of winning.
Split: You have the option of deciding to split your original hand into two hands. You will receive two extra cards and you will have to play down an extra wager that is the same as your original.
If you are the type of person that cares about statistics attached to casino games, then you will not be able to find a better game than blackjack. The reason for this is that blackjack has a really low house edge of around 0.5%.
Casino Offers and Bonus
For Betiton members, there is a promotional page that provides some great bonuses that can be used on blackjack, whether it is live or virtual.
At this moment in time, we have a Welcome Bonus that new customers can claim. With our Welcome Bonus you can get up to $150 in free cash and 150 bonus spins.
If you like the look of any of our promotions, please take a few moments to read the T&Cs so that you get a clear understanding of our wagering requirements, the max and min deposit values, what games you can use the bonus on, and how long you have to use the bonus.
Withdrawal and Deposit at Betiton in Canada
Those who decide to join us on our journey will realize that we offer a wide variety of banking methods that can be used to withdraw and deposit money.
The payment methods that we offer includes the likes of Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal and debit and credit cards. If you want to learn a bit more about our payment methods, then please pay a visit to the Payment Methods page.
If you encounter any problems, just get in touch with one of our customer support agents and they will always be happy to help. You can do this by heading over to the Contact Us page.
Play Blackjack Online on Your Mobile
Our whole casino was built using the newest and best HTML% software. Therefore, you can be certain that our casino is fully compatible with a wide variety of mobile devices. If you own a mobile with iOS, Android, or Windows operating systems, then you will be able to access our mobile site without the need of having to download extra software.
All you have to do is register on our site and make sure that you have an Internet connection. You do not have to worry about your safety as we make use of all of the best encryption technology around. The padlock icon that you can see in the search bar is an indication that you are safe on our site.
Customer support and Loyalty Club
Here at Betiton we love loyalty and your time spent playing with us will not be ignored. We have a loyalty program that will track your loyalty. For every $40 that you spend at our casino, you will get one loyalty point. The points are added up and you will work your way up our 7-tier system. The higher up the tiers you go, the better your rewards will be.
Responsible Gambling at Betiton
We take a lot of pride in the fact that we look after all of our customers by providing great gaming advice and tools that will help anyone with a gambling problem.
For any vulnerable members that have an addiction to playing casino games, we recommend that you speak to the workers at GamCare, who will be able to provide you will some great professional gambling assistance.
As for our own obligations, we provide our players with the option to limit your payments, limit your playing time, get regular reality checks, and to exclude from your account.
Can you play real blackjack online?
Yes, of course. At our casino you will be able to choose from over fifty live blackjack games. You will be competing against live dealers and playing alongside fellow live gambling fans.
How do you play blackjack at home?
The great thing about signing up with Betiton is that you will be able to access our casino games through any device that is able to connect to the Internet. You will be able to play our games from the comfort of your own house without the need to download anything.
Is online blackjack safe?
The software of all the games that you will find on our site is verified and tested ny iTech Labs before we allow any of our players to start playing them. As well as this, we use all of the latest security technology to ensure that all of your details are perfectly safe.
How Do You play Blackjack for Beginners?
If you are new to blackjack, then we recommend that you practice using our demos before you start playing for real money. By playing for free you can learn all about the rules and as well as apply any blackjack strategies that you are interested in playing. You can find some more information on our blackjack strategy page.