Darts Betting at Betiton™ UK
Darts—also known as dart-throwing—went from being a mere pub game to one of the most beloved sports on the planet. From the PDC World Championships to the Premier League Darts, darts provides punters with exciting tournaments.
However, whilst darts has achieved immense worldwide popularity, it continues being most popular in the UK, its place of origin. Thus, it can easily be considered one of the UK’s favourite sports—which makes darts betting just as popular!
Since we know how much our British bettors love betting on darts, we’ve done all that we can to provide numerous betting markets on this beloved throwing game! Thus, when you wager at Betiton™, you can find plenty of darts wagers to make.
However, if you’re new to darts wagering, online bookmakers, and betting sites, then you’re going to need to know a number of things before placing your first darts bet. Don’t worry, however, we’ll be explaining everything for you below.
How Do You Bet on Darts?
To be able to play bets on darts, you’re going to first need to create an account. Joining Betiton™ is a mere matter of clicking on the “JOIN” button, filling in the required details, clicking on “OPEN ACCOUNT“, and Bob’s your uncle.
Afterwards, you’re going to need to make a deposit to your account as you won’t be able to play wagers without depositing some dosh first. Not to worry, however, as we support plenty of secure and renowned payment methods on our site.
This means that each deposit you make on our site—as well as each withdrawal that you’ll eventually make—will be 100% safe. With your account created and some money in it, you’re ready to make your first darts bet:
- Access the darts section of our sportsbook;
- There you’ll find all of our available wagers;
- Feel free to browse through them until you find the bets that appeal to you most;
- Once you’ve decided which wagers you’d like to make, click on them and they’ll appear on the betting slip on the left-hand side of the site;
- After selecting all of your bets, adjust your stake on the betting slip;
- Once you’re satisfied with your wagers and stake, click on “PLACE BETS“;
- Congratulations, you’ve just placed your first darts bet on Betiton™!
Things to Keep in Mind Before Placing Your First Darts Bet
With your first deposit and bet on darts, you can also claim our welcome bonus for bettors that are new to our sportsbook. Our sport welcome bonus offers our new members an extra bet, which you can use to wager on darts.
Needless to say, T&Cs apply to this bonus, so we suggest that read them before going to claim our new members offer. Our T&Cs go over various conditions that apply to this bonus, including the min odds that you have to wager on, etc.
We also have other offers up for grabs, all of which can be found in our “Promotions” page. Whilst you’re there, you can also find the T&Cs for our sport welcome bonus as well as the T&Cs that apply that all our other offers.
What Are Darts Betting Markets?
To put it simply, darts betting markets are the bets that are available to make at online bookmakers and betting sites. These are offered by bookmakers can be on anything that happens over the course of a game of darts.
These include who’ll win the match; who’ll win the tournament; who’ll land the most 180s, and so on. We have several darts markets available for you. Finally, you can also wager on these markets live, that is, as the game progresses.
7 Dart Betting Markets You Can Bet on at Betiton™ UK
At Betiton™, we have a broad range of darts markets, all of which are on offer for UK bettors. You can also make use of these markets live, so you can bet on the match as it’s happening. However, the 7 most common darts wagers you’ll encounter on our sportsbook are the following:
- Match Winner – this is probably the simplest possible wager. It’s a wager on who will be the winner of the match; that’s all there is to it.
- Draw no Bet – this wager eliminates the possibility of draws being considered as possible outcomes. Thus, if the outcome of the match is a draw, you won’t lose your stake, but you’ll be refunded instead.
- Correct Leg Score – this is another simple bet as it’s on the correct amount of legs won. Of course, a leg is a single ‘play’ or game of darts.
- Correct Set Score – some competitions require players to win sets instead of legs; a set is a sequence of legs. So, instead of correctly guessing the number of legs won, this is a wager on the correct amount of sets won.
- Most 180s – a 180 is the highest number of points that a thrower can possibly attain in a single leg, achieved by landing 3 darts on the triple 20 mark. This wager is based on correctly guessing which thrower will land the most maximums.
- Total 180s – similar to the previous wager, this wager instead depends on correctly guessing the total number of maximums that will be scored during the entire tournament.
- Highest Checkout – this wager aims to correctly guess which player will have the highest checkout in the match. A checkout is the final number of points required to finish the leg.
The Top 3 Dart Tournaments to Bet on in the UK
UK darts bettors can keenly look forward to a whole host of darts events, including the biggest tournaments on the planet, like the PDC World Darts Championship, the Grand Slam of Darts, the BDO World Darts Championship, and so on.
Any player that’s looking to wager on darts—whether it’s their first time placing bets or they’ve been betting for longer than they care to admit—would do well to wager on these fantastic competitions where the best of the best participate:
|PDC World Darts Championship||London||TBA|
|Premier League Darts||Various||5th Apr 2021–TBA|
|World Grand Prix||Dublin||3rd–9th Oct 2021|
Bet on The PDC World Darts Championship
Unquestionably, the most highly anticipated event for darts bettors is the PDC World Championships. The best dart throwers around compete over the Christmas period in front of a rowdy crowd at the Alexandra Palace in London.
The format sees players compete against one another in a knockout competition played out in a number of legs and sets. Michael van Gerwen and Peter Wright have become synonymous with the sport after lifting the Sid Waddell Trophy in recent years.
The current champion, however, is Gerwyn Price. Gerwyn emerged victorious against Gary Anderson, winning the championship for the first time in his professional career, which crowned him as the current world champion.
Wager on The Premier League Darts
Despite being the newest major tournament out of the ones we’re mentioning, betting on the Premier League Darts has exploded in recent years due to its exciting format. The competition is only open to eight top-class dart throwers.
Players are selected like this: the top four players who earned the most prize money in the year are joined by four wildcards. The Premier League offers a round-robin table with all eight chosen competitors playing each other twice.
The eye-catching event is played out over the spring at different locations throughout the UK. At the end of the league stage, the top four players are drawn against each other in a playoff series until there is one winner.
Play Bets on The World Grand Prix
The final event that we’ll be going over is another juggernaut on the darts calendar, it’s none other than the World Grand Prix, which takes place in Dublin, Ireland in October. For many fans, this is the tournament they enjoy most.
The event often sees heavy favourites knocked out by unfancied competitors due to the opening rounds being famously short. This format suits novice players who fancy their chances to win a few sets and put their names in the headlines.
Another reason for the growing interest in the World Grand Prix is the inclusion of the ‘double in, double out’ rule. Basically, this means players can only start a leg once they hit a double, while they must still finish it by scoring a double (or bullseye)!
Finding the Best Odds: UK Darts Betting
Before you make your first darts bet, it’ll be wise to first understand what odds are. If you’ve looked at any of our darts wagers, you will already have encountered odds: these are the numbers that are next to each darts market.
These numbers tell you two things: firstly, they tell you what the likelihood of an event is, that is, how likely or unlikely it is of happening. Secondly, they tell you how much you stand to gain as winnings if the wager you placed goes your way.
Finally, odds can be found in different formats, which are: fractional, decimal, American. The only differences between these formats is where they’re most common and how they represent the odds; otherwise, they’re interchangeable.
This format is mostly used in the UK and Ireland, so you’ll be sure to find them on our sportsbook. As the name suggest, they represent the odds through fractions. An example of high fractional odds would be 1/4, whilst an example of low ones would be 6/1.
This format, on the other hand, is favoured by bookmakers in Europe, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, and uses decimal numbers to represent the odds. An example of high decimal odds would be 1.2, whilst an example of low ones would be 5.7.
What Are Tips? And Why Do You Need to Know About Them?
Finally, it might help you out to also know about tips. Tips are pieces of betting advice given out by tipsters. Tipsters are sport-experts who spend a lot of time analysing player form and previous performances to post their predictions of who’ll win in a matchup.
Tipsters offer their predictions and tips either for free or at a price, usually in the form of a subscription fee. Moreover, tips can tell you what to wager on, which wagers to take, and so on. You can find tips easily by looking them up on the internet.
However, it’s best not to depend too much on tips and do your own research at the same time. Moreover, our best tips are to stay safe, stay healthy, never stake more than you can afford to lose, and make time for other important things in your life.
Other Sports to Bet On:
- Another highly popular sport in the UK, and that’s none other than football. At Betiton™ Bookmakers UK, you can find plenty of football wagers to play.
- The UK is the home of the greatest tennis tournament on the planet, so it’s no wonder that placing bets on tennis is so popular in the UK. Therefore, you can be sure to find plenty of tennis wagers to play!
- The Eurovision is one of the most exciting events to happen in Europe, which is exactly why you can find a shedload of available wagers on the Eurovision on our site.
- We know very well how much our British bettors love to bet on horse racing, which is why you can enjoy placing plenty of wagers on horses on our site!
- Speaking of horse racing, we know that the UK’s favourite horse race is the Grand National, which is you’ll be able to find plenty of Grand National bets on offer as well.
- Finally, you can also place bets on rugby union, another one of the UK’s favourite sports. Feel free to browse through all of our available rugby wagers.
- Betiton™ Sports Welcome Bonus
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
- Customer Support
- Responsible Gaming Policy
- Mobile Gaming
Darts Betting FAQs
Not every tournament will require players to win sets. However, those that do usually have a Best of Five Sets format.
The current number 1 champion is Gerwyn Price, who outranked Michael van Gerwen after winning the last edition of the PDC World Darts Championship.
The highest possible checkout is 170. For this to be achieved, a player has to land 2 triple 20s and a bullseye.
The maximum number of points that can be acquired with a single dart is 60, which is when a player manages to land a dart on a triple 20.