EURO Betting at Betiton™ UK
The UEFA European Championship—or, as it’s more commonly known, the EUROs—is one of the biggest football events in Europe. In fact, it’s one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world and the topmost competition in Europe for national teams, which is EURO betting is so popular.
The championship sees national teams in Europe vie against one another to be crowned the continental champion. As you might easily guess then, the EUROs offer plenty of opportunities to enjoy football betting, especially since the competition is usually quite stiff.
This is an event enjoyed by many UK football fans. Thus, if you’d like to bet on the EURO 2020, you can find plenty of matches and odds at Betiton™, all of which are available for our UK players, even those that enjoy betting on the go!
However, if you’re new to online sports betting, there are a number of betting concepts that you’ll need to understand before placing your first wager on the EUROs. We’ll be explaining everything that you’ll need to know as we go along.
- What Are EURO Betting Markets?
- How Do You Begin EURO Betting at Betiton™ UK?
- How Do Nations Qualify for the EURO 2020?
- What Are the EURO 2020 Groups?
- The 12 Countries and Stadiums Hosting the 2020 EURO
- What Are EURO Betting Odds?
- What Are EURO Betting Tips & EURO Predictions?
- Other Football Tournaments to Bet On:
- Additional Information:
- EURO Betting FAQs
What Are EURO Betting Markets?
The first thing that you need to know about are EURO betting markets. These are the wagers that we offer on our sportsbook on any of the matches that happen in the EUROs. Alongside our betting markets, we also provide the odds of each market.
We’ll be explaining what odds are in a section further below. Moreover, our markets can be on anything that happens during the course of the EURO. In the next section, we’re going to be give some examples of what you can bet on in the EUROs.
4 Popular EURO Betting Markets Available for UK Players
Bettors from the UK can bet on anything that can happen during the EURO 2020. From who the winner of a particular match will be, to who the winner of the tournament will be, to guessing the correct score before half-time, and so on.
So, if you decide to bet on the EURO 2020, you’ll find plenty of markets available for you to bet on and enjoy. Now, without further ado, here’s 4 of the most popular EURO 2020 markets available on Betiton™:
- Top Goal Scorer: This bet aims to correctly guess which team will score the most goals in the tournament.
- Outright Winner: When betting on the outright winner of a tournament, you’ll be betting on who will be winning the entire tournament, and not individual matches.
- To Qualify Past Group Stage: If you think that your favourite team will make it past the group stage, then you might play this bet. The group stage is the first part of a tournament, where nations are organised into groups and play against one another. The successful nations then move on to the knockout phase.
- Top 4 to Finish: This is a bet on the 4 nations that will make it to the top of league.
How Do You Begin EURO Betting at Betiton™ UK?
To be able to play any wagers on the EUROs, you’re going to first need to create an account with us here at Betiton™. Don’t worry, though, as you’ll be able to create your account and bet on the EUROs in a flash.
Simply click on “JOIN“, fill in the required details, bish bash bosh, and you’re an official Betiton™ member. With your account created, you’ll then need to make a deposit. This is the money that you’ll be using to play your EURO 2020 bets.
Rest assured that all your transactions are 100% safe at Betiton™. This is because we only support reliable payment methods on our platform. With your deposit and account ready, you can finally make a bet on the EUROs by following these steps:
- Access our sportsbook and go on our football section;
- There, click on “All Leagues” and look for “EURO 2020“;
- This will show you all of our available wagers for the EURO;
- Feel free to browse through our available EURO wagers until you find the ones that you prefer;
- When you find the wagers that you like, click on them, and they’ll appear on the betting slip on the right hand side of the page;
- Feel free to choose as many wagers as you like;
- On the betting slip, you can adjust how much you’d like to wager;
- Once you’re satisfied with both your bets and your stake, click on “PLACE BETS“;
- You have just made your first EURO 2020 bet at Betiton™ UK!
What Should You Know Before Placing Your First Wager on the EURO 2020?
Before looking to play your first bets on the EURO 2020, bear in mind that with your first deposit and bet, you’re eligible to claim our new player offer. Our sport welcome bonus can be used on any match and game that will occur during the course of the EURO 2020.
By accepting this offer, however, you’ll also be accepting the various T&Cs that apply to it. These include the min odds you need to bet on, the min stake you need to wager, the min amount you need to deposit, and so on.
Therefore, we highly encourage you to read all of our T&Cs as well as our bonus policy before accepting our offer. That way, you’ll fully understand what conditions apply to the bonus. You can find our bonus T&Cs in our Promotions page.
How Do Nations Qualify for the EURO 2020?
For a nations to be able to apply to compete in the EUROs, they need to be a member of UEFA. There were total of 55 member states that have applied for the EURO 2020. 20 of the nations reached the tournament by playing through the European Qualifiers.
The qualifying matches ran from March to November 2019 and the format was as follows: the 55 nations were divided into 10 groups of 5 or 6 teams each. The winners of these groups were moved to the next stage of the EURO 2020.
Unlike the previous EUROs competitions, there weren’t any automatic qualifiers for the tournament, even if they were one of the host countries. In fact, host countries still had to earn their spot in the tournament by playing qualifying matches.
The final 4 nations were decided through the European Qualifiers Play-Offs. 16 nations, who were the best teams in the UEFA Nation’s League but didn’t qualify for the EURO 2020, played against each other for a chance at playing in the EUROs.
The 24 nations that qualified will be split into 6 groups of 4 teams each. The teams will play against each other, and the best 2 of each group will be part of the 16 nations that move to the next phase of the EURO 2020.
This is the knockout stage consisting of group of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals, and finals rounds. The team that emerges on top will be the winner of the EURO 2020! Speaking of which, we’ll be going over which nations managed to qualify in the following section.
What Are the EURO 2020 Groups?
The groups are the nations that will be competing with each other in the group stages of the tournament. They were selected on the basis of the results in the qualifying playoffs. There are 6 groups and each is made up of 4 teams. The groups are as follows:
- North Macedonia
- Czech Republic
The 12 Countries and Stadiums Hosting the 2020 EURO
There will be 12 different cities hosting the games. One of the perks of being a host nation is that if they do manage to qualify for that final round of 24 teams, they will automatically be put into the groups that correspond to their stadium.
This means that these nations are guaranteed to play all three of their group-stage games at home, giving them the home advantage. All the information regarding the 12 host cities has been compiled in the following table:
|Baku Olympic Stadium
|Football Arena Munich
|St Petersburg Stadium
|Johan Cruijff Arena
|San Mames Stadium
What Are EURO Betting Odds?
Odds are the numbers that show up next to our wagers on the EURO 2020. These numbers are important because indicate the probability of an event happening. Moreover, they also show you how much money you stand to win if the bet is successful.
High odds will give you a good payout but indicate that it’s less likely to happen. Low odds for a team mean they’re likely to win, but you won’t win so much from placing that bet. Because of this, it’s important that you understand what odds mean.
Finally, odds can be found in a number of different formats, which are: fractional, decimal, and American. The only differences between these formats are how they represent the odds and where in the world they’re most popular.
The most common format that you’ll encounter when betting in the UK is the fractional format. This is the format of choice for British and Irish bookmakers. They’re indicated using fractions, as in the following examples: 1/4, 6/7, 9/11, etc.
This is another format that you can make use of on our sportsbook. Decimal odds are mostly popular in Europe, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. This format uses decimal numbers to indicate the odds, such as the following: 2.65, 7.75, 10.00, etc.
What Are EURO Betting Tips & EURO Predictions?
Tips are pieces of betting advice given by tipsters on which teams they think punters should bet on, which odds to take, and so on. Tipsters post their predictions online for punters to use. Tips can be found either for free or for a price, depending on the tipster.
To come to their conclusions, tipsters spend hours upon hours analysing team compositions, players’ forms, and similar information to be able to make predictions on who they think will be the winner of a match, a tournament, and so on.
How Do You Find EURO Betting Tips?
A simple Google search will give you plenty of tips by loads of well-known tipsters. The best tips that we can give to our new players are to remember that betting is solely for fun, to never bet more than they can afford to lose, and to make time for other things in life, like your family and friends.
Other Football Tournaments to Bet On:
- The biggest football tournament in the world is undoubtedly the FIFA World Cup. There’s a lot of excitement surrounding this event, which is why we’re providing plenty of World Cup betting markets on our sportsbook.
- The best of the best clubs in the UK play in the English Premier League, which makes Premier League betting an exhilirating experience.
- Last but far from being least is the UEFA Champions League, where all the top European clubs compete. If you wish to begin Champions League betting, you can find plenty of Champions League markets on our sportsbook.
- Betiton™ Sports Welcome Bonus
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
- Customer Support
- Responsible Gaming Policy
- Mobile Gaming
EURO Betting FAQs
When will the EURO 2020 take place?
The tournament was set to take place in 2020. However, it has been postponed and will instead take place on the 11th June 2021 till the 11th July 2021.
Where will the EURO 2020 final take place?
The final will be held at Wembley Stadium in London.
Why was the EURO 2020 cancelled?
The EURO was unfortunately postponed due the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who has won the EURO the most times?
Currently, the nations that have won the EURO the most times are Spain and Germany. These nations have won the tournament 3 times each.