Bet on the FIFA World Cup 2022 at Betiton™ Bookmakers
The FIFA World Cup—generally known simply as the World Cup—is the biggest event in the global football calendar. It’s an international championship that pits against each other national football teams from countries around the globe.
The championship takes place every four years. It’s not only the biggest football tournament in terms of scope and excitement, but it’s also generally considered the most prestigious; in fact, the winners are regarded as the greatest footballers on Earth.
But it’s not just the World Cup itself that brings in viewers, it’s the run-up and qualifying games too. If wagering on football online is something that interests you, our sportsbook is the place to make the most out of your online football betting.
Betiton™ is an online bookmaker suitable for all sports bettors from the UK. Here, we offer players more World Cup bets than they knew existed! This way, punters can switch it up every now and again, or stake on multiple bets at once.
However, if you’re new to sports betting, then you’re going to need to know a couple of concepts before playing your first World Cup bet. Not to worry, however, as we’ll be explaining everything you need to know in this page.
What Are World Cup Betting Markets?
World Cup betting markets are what you’ll be using to bet on the World Cup as they are the bets that we make available on our sportsbook. These can be on anything that can happen during the course of the championship.
These include betting on the winner of the championship, the top goalscorer, and so on. Finally, alongside these markets, you’ll be able to see numbers—these are the odds of each market. We’ll be explaining what these are in a further section.
5 of Our Most Popular World Cup Betting Markets on Betiton™ UK
We offer a number of different betting markets on the World Cup, each with their own conditions for winning. Feel free to look through our available World Cup markets on our sportsbook. However, our most popular ones are the following:
- Match Result: this is a bet that depends on what you think the outcome of the match will be, that is, which team will win. However, betting on a draw is also possible.
- Over/Under Goals: for this bet, we will predict the total amount of goals scored in a certain match, and bettors will have to bet on whether the actual number of goals will be over or under that number.
- Asian Handicap: handicap bets give bettors better odds because they place a handicap on the stronger team, thus levelling out the playing field. The Asian handicap, on the other hand, places a handicap on both sides, tipping the scale in favour of the favourite team, giving you even better odds.
- World Cup Winner: this bet does exactly what it says on the tin, and that’s wagering on who you think the winner of the World Cup will be.
- World Cup Top Scorer: a bet on which player you think will score the most goals in the World Cup.
How Do You Bet on the World Cup at Betiton™?
If you’re new to our site, then you’re going to need to create an account before being able to bet on the World Cup. Don’t worry though as we’ve made our account creation process to be as streamlined and easy as possible.
This means that you can start wagering on the World Cup in a mere matter of minutes. All you have to do is click on “JOIN“, fill in the required fields, click on “OPEN ACCOUNT“, and you’re good to go. Afterwards, you’ll need to make a deposit.
We support a number of secure, reliable, and renowned payment methods on our site, meaning that all your transactions are 100% safe at Betiton™. With both your account and deposit ready, you’re all set to stake your bets on the World Cup:
- Go to the football section of our sportsbook;
- There, click on “All League” and look for the “World Cup 2022“;
- This will take you to all of our currently available World Cup bets;
- Feel free to browse through the wagers that we provide until you find the ones you like;
- When you find the wagers you’d like to stake, click on them and they’ll come up on the betting slip on the right hand side of the page;
- You’re free to choose as many wagers as you like;
- Once you’re satisfied with your chosen wagers, adjust how much you’d like to stake on the betting slip;
- After adjusting everything to your tastes, click on “PLACE BETS“;
- Congratulations! You’ve placed your first World Cup bet at Betiton™!
Is There Anything You Should Know Before Placing Bets on the World Cup?
When making your first deposit and placing your first World Cup wager on our site, you’ll be able to claim our new player offer. However, do bear in mind that this T&Cs apply to this bonus, which you’ll be accepting when claiming the bonus.
Our T&Cs outline the conditions that apply to our new player bonus. These include the min odds you need to bet on, the min deposit you need to make, the min amount you need to stake, and various other conditions that apply.
Therefore, we highly encourage all of our players to carefully and thoroughly read our T&Cs (and our bonus policy whilst you’re at it too). That way, you’ll be entirely aware of all the conditions that apply. You can find our bonus T&Cs on our “Promotions” page.
How Does the FIFA World Cup Work? Betiton™ Explains
Before the World Cup itself, there are qualifying rounds to select the 32 nations that will battle it out for the title. Each region has its own setup for these qualifying rounds and will even start the qualifying process at different times before the dates of the actual championship.
Once those 32 nations have qualified, they are divided into 8 groups each with 4 teams (this format is soon to be increased to 48 nations for 2026). Within each group, there is a round robin format, with each team playing every other team in their group.
The two best teams from each group move on to the knockout stage competition, which involves a round of 16, quarter-final matches, semi-final matches, a third-place playoff, and the final. Finally, the teams from each group are ranked using a points system.
How Do Nations Qualify to Play in the World Cup?
The way the qualifications work is that only 32 nations from 6 different regions are allowed to qualify in the World Cup. Each region has a predetermined number of spots that nations will be able to qualify for. These regions are:
- North America
- South America
Europe has the largest number of spots due to having the most powerful teams on the planet. In fact, Europe has 13 spots. As for other regions: South America and Africa have 5 spots each, Asia has 4, and North America has 3, whilst Oceania doesn’t have a spot.
For teams from Oceania to be able to qualify for the World Cup, they need to win a playoff. Countries will play against each other in their respective regions, trying their best to secure their spots in the prestigious tournament.
On the other hand, the host country automatically qualifies in the tournament, so they don’t need to play for their spot in the World Cup. The host country for the next edition of the championship is Qatar, so their spot in the tournament is already secured.
World Cup Betting Odds: Find Out All About Them
Understanding World Cup odds is important as these numbers are instrumental when deciding on which competitors to bet on. In fact, odds show you both how probable an event is to happen, and how much you can receive as returns if you manage to win the bet.
Odds are calculated by the bookmakers that offer them, and they’re based on the strength of teams and players according to their previous performances, and other similar factors. Finally, odds can be represented in a couple of different formats.
These formats are the following: fractional, decimal, American. There are a couple of difference between these formats, mainly how they represent the odds and where they’re commonly used. Otherwise, the formats are generally interchangeable.
The most popular format in the UK is the fractional format, which is why it’s sometimes called “British odds“. This format is very popular with Irish bookmakers as well. It uses fractions to represent the odds, like so: 1/3, 8/7, 10/11, and so on.
The decimal format is largely used in Europe which is why you can find them as “European odds“. However, they’re popular in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada too. This format uses decimal numbers to represent the odds, such as: 2.35, 4.55, 6.75, etc.
World Cup 2022 Betting Tips: A Quick Explanation
Tips are pieces of advice offered by “tipsters”. These are sports enthusiasts that spend a lot of their time analysing team compositions and dynamics, and players’ performance to give educated estimations of what the likelihood of a match will be.
Tipsters post their advice either for free or at a price, depending on who they are. So, if you’ll be betting on the World Cup, looking up tips isn’t a bad idea at all. However, looking up tips should only be a part of the research you should be doing before betting!
Other Football Tournaments to Bet On:
- Whilst the World Cup is the biggest football tournament of all, we can’t forget about other major tournaments either. First of which is the UEFA European Championship, which is happening in 2021. So, if you’re looking to place bets on the EURO 2020, you can find plenty on our sportsbook.
- Another fantastic major tournament is the UEFA Champions League, which sees the best clubs in Europe duking it out on the field. We know how much our UK bettors love this championship, which is why we provide plenty of opportunities place bets on the Champions League on our online sportsbook.
- Whilst international are great, domestic leagues also provide plenty of betting opportunities. Of course, when it comes to football in the UK, there is no bigger domestic league than the English Premier League. Hence, you can find a shedload of available wagers on the Premier League on our sportsbook.
- Betiton™ Sports Welcome Bonus
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
- Customer Support
- Responsible Gaming Policy
- Mobile Gaming
For the first time ever, the World Cup 2022 will be held in Qatar. It will be the first time that a World Cup tournament will be held in an Arabic country, and the second time to be held solely in Asia.
The next edition of the World Cup will be held in 2022 between the 21st of November and 18th December.
You can easily find as many betting tips as you’d like by doing a simple Google search.