Last Updated: 25-05-2022 11:19
When it comes to popular casino games, blackjack sits there at the top of the pile since it is simple to play and the rules are very easy to learn. This is a game that has entertained gamblers for centuries and now, thanks to great technology as well as the Internet, you can enjoy it from your living room without having to move. British blackjack fans can find more than enough live blackjack options at Betiton UK, and below some of our experts will guide you through all that you should know about this game.
What is Blackjack Live?
Live blackjack is an entertaining and fun way to enjoy some online blackjack. It has been set up in a room that has been decorated to mimic a brick and mortar casino. Thus, when you step into a live casino, you will see a variety of table games situated around the room, and there will be a real and professional dealer standing behind each table. There are several cameras set up around the studio, which means that you do not need to worry about missing any action. Instead of computer software doing everything, like it does when you are enjoying a virtual online casino, the live dealer will deal all the cards and deal with possible wins.
The great thing about playing live casino games is that you have the option of speaking to the dealer as well as anyone else that is sitting at the same table that you are. Therefore, whenever you are playing live casino games, your experience will be a lot more immersive than it would be if you were playing some virtual casino games. Live blackjack is definitely not the only live game that casino players from the United Kingdom can find at Betiton – there is live roulette or if you are a fan of baccarat there is some of that too. Just like blackjack, these games are very easy to learn, which is one of the main reasons why they are so popular too.
Live Blackjack Games at Betiton UK
At Betiton UK, we want all our blackjack players to have a great live blackjack playing experience, which is why we have made sure that you have a good selection of games to choose from. When we say that our live blackjack games will keep you highly entertained, we mean it. The blackjack games that we offer, just like our enjoyable jackpot slots, have been created by the biggest and best software developers in the industry, meaning that you will find quality in abundance when you are playing with us.
What Are the Differences Between Online Blackjack and Live Blackjack?
Well, the major difference that you will find between online blackjack and live blackjack is that with the latter there is a live dealer and other real players, and you can enjoy a casino atmosphere without needing to leave your home. You can chat with the dealer and other players using the live chat option, which is something you cannot do when playing virtual blackjack. Apart from the above, the rest is pretty much the same.
What Are the Differences Between Traditional Casino Blackjack and Live Blackjack?
The main difference that you can find between the two is that when it comes to enjoying some live blackjack you do not have to spend a large chunk of time getting all dressed up. You can put on your most comfortable clothes, lie back on the sofa, and play for however long you like. On the other hand, if you go to play blackjack at a land-based casino in hoodie and sweatpants, we are pretty certain that you will not be looked upon with a favourable eye. In other words, live blackjack is a game that is highly convenient. Another difference between the two is that live blackjack is usually available 24/7, while there are not many land-based casinos that are open around the clock.
How to Play Live Blackjack in the UK
We have experienced the gambling industry for many years, and we have yet to encounter someone who has no issue with spending large chunks of their time working out how to play a certain game. However, we guarantee that this will not be the case when you are playing live blackjack as it is a simple game. In fact, it is not any more difficult than playing the fun scratch cards that we also have available at Betiton UK. Below, we are going to explain the playing process that you need to follow for live blackjack.
How to Play Live Blackjack
Follow the steps below and you will encounter no problems when playing live blackjack at Betiton UK:
- Go on the live casino page and click on the live blackjack game that you want to play
- Once your game has loaded, decide how much money you would like to stake
- The live dealer will give you two cards, and you then have to decide if you want to hit or stand
- Once everyone at the table has made their decision, each hand will be compared to the dealer’s and, if you have a higher value without going above 21, and you will win
See, like we said, it is really simple.
Placing Bets on Live Blackjack
A game with a complicated betting system will certainly be one that will annoy most gamblers, even those who are very patient. However, we are happy to be able to inform you that there is absolutely nothing complex about betting on live blackjack, which incidentally is also the case should you opt for enjoying some live roulette. All that you need to do is sit at the table, decide on how much your stake is going to be, and then the live dealer will place some chips down for you. Once everyone sitting at the table has put down their bets, the dealer will deal out the cards and the game will start.
Different Types of Side Bets
Due to blackjack’s popularity there are now many different variations of the game, as well as a plethora of side bets that you will encounter. These side bets usually just require a small stake and they usually have very good returns. Below we shall take the time to have a look at some of the common side bets that you will come across when you are playing online blackjack at an online casino.
- 21+3: This side bet is concerned with your two initial cards and the once face-up card that the dealer has. If all three of these cards form a straight flush, straight, flush, or 3-of-a-kind, then you are in luck and you will receive a payout of 9:1. There is a 3.24% house edge for this kind of side bet.
- Royal Match: You can encounter this side bet at single-deck and multi-deck tables. If you opt for this side bet when you are playing a variety of blackjack that uses multiple decks, and the two cards that you get are suited, known as an Easy Match, there is a 5:2 payout. If you land a suited King and Queen, which is called a Royal Match, the payout is 25:1. If you are playing a variant of blackjack that only uses a single deck of cards, then an Easy Match payout is 3:1, while a Royal Match payout stands at 10:1. There is a 3.8% house edge for this kind of side bet.
- Lucky Ladies: Here you are placing a wager that the first cards that you get will have a combined total of 20, with the ideal combination being two queens. If the first two cards that you get are the Queen of Hearts and the dealer’s hand is a natural blackjack, then the payout is a staggering 1000:1 payout. If you have two Queens of Hearts and the dealer does not have a blackjack, then the payout is 200:1. A 20 that is made using a combination of the same rank and suit will pay out at 25:1, while a suited 20 will pay out at 10:1, and an unsuited 20 will pay out at 4:1. There is a 17% house edge for this kind of side bet, which you will probably not find too surprising.
- Pair Square: Here you will be placing a bet that the first cards that you receive have the same rank, like a pair of 9s. An unmatched pair (9 of spades and 9 of hearts) has a payout of 10:1, while a matched pair (two 9 of spades) will have a payout of 15:1. There is a 10.6% house edge for this kind of side bet.
What Are the Minimum Stakes, Bonuses, and Limits?
When you are enjoying some live blackjack, the stakes, the bonuses, and the limits that are in action will differ depending on the type of blackjack you are playing. Therefore, before you sit down to play a live blackjack variant, you need to take a couple of minutes to familiarise yourself with the above. After all, you do not want the scenario where you join a table to play and quickly find out that the minimum stake that you can place is too high for the budget that you set for your session.
Live Blackjack Games – Rules and Strategies for UK Players
When you play online casino games you will find some that have a plethora of rules, which can make them quite difficult to learn. However, we can assure you that this will not be the case with blackjack. This is a card game that is easy to learn – we are sure that you will be able to learn all you need to know extremely quickly. Below you can find the main rules of this card game.
- The aim of the game is to have a higher hand than the dealer does without going above 21
- Face cards are valued at 10, Aces are valued at 1 or 11, while all the other cards have a face value
- Every player receives two cards to begin with
- Only one of the dealer’s cards will be face-up
- If you would like to get another card, you simply ask for a hit
- If you like the hand that you have, then you stand
- If your hand has a value above 21, then you go bust and your stake is lost
- The dealer has to hit until his hand totals 17 or above
Luck plays a very big part in blackjack, just like it does when you are playing online slots, but there are a number of blackjack strategies out there that many players believe can affect the odds. Below we shall have a look at two popular strategies:
- Basic Strategy
- Surrender Strategy
Basic strategy: This is a bunch of rules that show you the best course of action to take when you know what your two cards are, as well as the dealer’s face-up card. When you are using this strategy, you will be choosing the mathematically correct way of playing blackjack, as the theory goes that it maximizes chances of success while minimizing chances of going bust when used over a period of time.. A quick Google search will fast lead you to examples of the Basic Strategy table.
Surrender strategy: When you are playing a game of blackjack you will usually have the option to surrender your hand, but this option is often misunderstood as there are so many negative connotations surrounding the word “surrender”. However, surrendering your hand can sometimes be a much better option than hitting or standing. This can be a great strategy to use if you take the time to learn it properly. If you are not a fan of the hand that you have received and you have a feeling that the banker has a good hand, you can simply opt to surrender half your stake.
There are two types of surrender that you will encounter in blackjack, and these are early surrender and late surrender. With the former, you have the option of surrendering your stake before the dealer has checked to see if their hand is a natural blackjack. However, this can decrease the house edge by up to 0.63%, so there are not a lot of casinos, land-based or online, that are willing to offer it. With the latter, you are only allowed to surrender half of your wager after the dealer has checked their hand for a natural blackjack. The house edge is only decreased by 0.1%, so casinos often have no issue offering it to their players. Once again, you should familiarise yourself with the surrender strategy table, which is easily found online.
Like with every casino game out there, whether it is craps or a spot of online roulette, the house will have the edge when you are enjoying a game of blackjack. Even if you manage to master the aforementioned strategies, the house will still have the edge, but it will be less of an advantage than it would be if you did not bother to learn any strategies. For instance, the house edge often starts at about 8%, but if you use the basic strategy you can lower it to 0.5% to level the playing field quite drastically.
The key to being successful when playing blackjack is to know the odds. No matter the cards that you are given or the situation of the game at the table, it is vital that you understand your odds and the chance that you will go bust. In the following list you can see the probability of busting if you decide to take a hit with a particular hand.
- 11 or lower = 0%
- 12 = 31%
- 13 = 39%
- 14 = 56%
- 15 = 58%
- 16 = 62%
- 17 = 69%
- 18 = 77%
- 19 = 85%
- 20 = 92%
- 21 = 100%
Play Live Blackjack at Betiton UK
As we mentioned previously, we have done everything in our power to make sure that our UK blackjack fans have as much fun as possible when playing with us. The last thing we want is for you to get bored, and we are pretty certain that this will never be the case. However, please do not just take our word for it: try out some of our live blackjack games and let us prove it to you. Every game that we offer you has been developed by some of the gambling world’s best software developers, which means you can be 100% sure that you will encounter nothing but quality if you decide to sign up with us.
What Are the Different Variants of Live Blackjack?
There are many different variants of live blackjack that you will be able to enjoy at Betiton UK, and below we shall take a much closer look at some of the popular ones.
This is as fun and as quick as it gets and will provide you with all the entertainment that you are looking for. You can place bets on side bets such as 21 + 3 or Perfect Pairs if you are feeling lucky. All the dealers that you will encounter are friendly and professional and are happy to interact with players. As well as the side bets that we just mentioned, you have other options available to you such as Split Pair, Double Down, and Insurance. There are tables with low stakes and high stakes, so you will be able to find something suitable for you no matter what your budget is.
As you have probably guessed by its name, this type of blackjack is all about being fast. There are the same rules as normal blackjack, but there is one big difference and that is that there is no order for players to make their decision after they have received their cards. When the initial deal is finished, every player sitting at the table will have to decide whether to Split, Double Down, or Hit at the same time. The player that makes the fastest decision will be given their next card first, if they have not decided to Stand that is.
As the name implies, there is no limit to how many people can play this variant at the same time. You will find low bet limits as well as the following side bets: Hot 3, Bust It, 21 + 3, and Any Pair. All players will be given a common 2-card hand, and then each player has the option of playing the hand however they feel like.
Another variant of blackjack where there is no limit on the number of players that can play at the same time. When you play this variant, you have the choice to double, triple, or quadruple down on the first two cards you receive, even if you decided to split them. There are eight different decks used, but the nines and tens have been taken out. There are some side bets that you can make, as well, and this includes Any Pair and 21 + 3.
This variant is for private guests and offers high stake betting and improved control for those players who just love to bet big. There will be a room manager present at all times and players can choose their dealer as well as the game speed by clicking on the “Deal Now” button.
If you like to place low stakes and are on the lookout for a place to play some live blackjack in a bubbly and fun environment, then we are sure that this is what you have been looking for. You will find a professional live dealer as well as a hostess, who will ensure that everyone is having fun. Additionally, there is no limit to how many players can play at once – there are only seven seats at the table, but when the seats are taken, you have the option of betting behind.
Do you prefer playing live blackjack by a specific software provider? We also offer dedicated blackjack tables that are fully focused on your provider of choice, for a more immersive live blackjack experience.
What Different Features do the Live Blackjack Tables at Betiton UK offer?
There are many different features that you will encounter when you are playing different blackjack variants, and we shall take a look at some of these, right now.
- Double Down: If this feature is available and you decide to use it, then you will be given one extra card, but you will have to double your initial stake.
- Split: This option gives you the chance to split your hand into two separate hands, which increases your chances of landing a blackjack. Different blackjack variants will have different rules about when you are allowed to split, but one of the more common rules is that you can only split if your two initial cards are the same value.
- Insurance: If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, then you can bet that their hand is a natural blackjack. If you turn out to be correct, there is a 2:1 payout and you will break even.
- Surrender: If you feel that the dealer has a better hand than you, you can opt to surrender half of your wage and remove yourself from that round.
What Are the Advantages of Playing Live Blackjack at Betiton UK?
We promise that you will never get fed up playing live blackjack at Betiton UK, and below you can find some of the main advantages of playing with us:
- There are plenty of variants available for you to play
- Our games are available 24/7
- The games that we offer have been developed by the best software developers in the gambling industry
What is live blackjack?
Live blackjack is a fascinating way to play blackjack online. The game is set in a studio that has been made to look exactly like a brick and mortar casinos, and there are real and professional dealers at every table. All of the action is streamed to you via cameras and you will play alongside other blackjack fans from all over the globe.
Can you play blackjack live at Betiton™?
Yes, you can certainly enjoy live blackjack at Betiton, and we have a wide variety of blackjack that you can choose from.
How do you play online blackjack?
Playing online blackjack is extremely easy, which is one of the main reasons why it has become such a popular casino game. All you need to do is select the variant that you would like to play, place your stake, and the dealer will begin the game.
Can you play live blackjack for real money?
Yes, you can definitely play live blackjack for real money. As a matter of fact, you can only play for real money as we offer no demo versions like there are for our virtual games.
When is the live blackjack open at Betiton?
You can play live blackjack at Betiton 24/7, meaning that you can satisfy those live blackjack urges whenever the urge arises.