Play Online Blackjack at Betiton UK
When it comes to casino games at an online casino, it is safe to say that blackjack is one of the most beloved. As a result, here at Betiton, we have made sure that our UK players can find a wide variety of online blackjack games. In this online blackjack guide, we are going to explain what blackjack is, what its rules are, how you play it, what the different bet types are, and some of the major variants of this popular table game.
|🎁 Casino Bonus & Offers
|100% bonus up to €150 + 150 free spins
|🤩 Best Blackjack Game
|🌟 Best Blackjack Suppliers
|iSoftBet + Switch Studios
|🃏 Total Blackjack Games
- 🤔 What is Online Blackjack?
- 👩🏫 Online Blackjack Rules
- ♠️ Types of Online Blackjack
- 🧑 Live Blackjack
- 🃏 Card Values
- Card Variations & Payouts
- 📝 Bet Types
- 👉 How to Play?
- ✔️ Free Blackjack vs Real Money Blackjack
- 📲 Play on Your Mobile
- 🤔 Why Betiton?
- ❓ FAQs
What is Online Blackjack?
Blackjack, unlike online roulette, is a card game where your aim is to get your hand as close to the value of 21 without going beyond. While with other games you are taking on fellow players at the table, with a blackjack online game it is you against the dealer.
The popularity of real money blackjack stems from the fact that casino players feel that their destiny is somewhat in their own hands. If you look at jackpot slots, for example, you need to rely on pure luck, but with blackjack you can make decisions that can have a big impact on whether you win or not. Additionally, online blackjack UK has a low house edge, which gives you a better chance of winning – although winning is never guaranteed.
But blackjack online is not something that can be fully explained in short. It is a game that has adapted and changed throughout time and has brought to the world of gambling many variants that tweak the original format. Betiton brings all players in the UK the entire blackjack gaming experience in all of its majesty.
Online Blackjack Rules
For those of you who are new to our blackjack online casino, we are now going to take a quick look at some of the basic rules of this game. As you can see, the main rules are very easy to learn, and you will be able to start playing in next to no time. It is this ease of play that makes blackjack one of the most popular casino games.
The rules when you play blackjack online might vary slightly depending on the blackjack card game online variant, so make sure to have a quick read of the rules before you start playing with real money on the line. So, with that disclaimer out the way, let’s look at the main rules:
- ✔️ The aim is to beat the dealer’s hand without going beyond 21
- ✔️ If your hand goes over 21, the house wins, no matter what hand the dealer has
- ✔️ Each player and the dealer gets two cards – one of dealer’s card remains face down until the end
- ✔️ If you “Hit” you will be given another card
- ✔️ If you “Stand” you will keep the total that you have
- ✔️ If your first two cards total 21, you have a blackjack
- ✔️ The dealer has to hit until their cards have a value of 17 or higher
- ✔️ You can split your hand into two if you have a pair – you will have to double your bet
- ✔️ You can only split on your first move
- ✔️ If you and the dealer tie, then you get your stake back
Types of Online Blackjack Available at Betiton UK
British blackjack fans really are spoiled for choice when it comes to online blackjack for real money as there is such a variety on offer. Due to its immense popularity, all of the best software developers create new variants often to keep up with the demand, and at Betiton we ensure that we give our punters plenty of variation. In this section of our guide, we are going to take a look at some of the most popular blackjack game types.
🔵 Classic Blackjack
When it comes to online blackjack games, Classic Blackjack is the traditional version that you will find at most online casinos that you encounter. Unlike with other blackjack games, there are only four decks used, and you will not usually be allowed to place side bets – we’ll talk about side bets a little later on. A winning hand when playing Classic Blackjack pays out 1:1, while a natural blackjack will payout at 3:2.
🔵 European Blackjack
European Blackjack is a widespread variant that you can find at many online blackjack gambling websites, including right here at Betiton. In most cases, this version is played with just the two decks, which is why it has become very popular among many blackjack players. Since the number of decks has been reduced, you have better odds of gaining an advantage over the house. However, due to card counting on online blackjack, there are plenty of European Blackjack versions that make use of 4-8 decks.
This variant uses the fundamental Classic Blackjack rules, meaning that you can come to terms with it in no time. What makes it different is that if the dealer gets blackjack, and you have a value of 21 but not blackjack, then you’ll lose. Additionally, a pair can only be split once and double down only becomes possible with totals of 9, 10, or 11.
🔵 Atlantic City Blackjack
Atlantic City Blackjack, as is clear from its name, was developed in Atlantic City which is in New Jersey, USA. It has become very popular among those who play blackjack online for money because of its low house edge. It bears a number of similarities to Classic Blackjack, but there a number of subtle differences.
For instance, the dealer must stand with a Soft 17. Also, they have to peek to see if they have a blackjack since there is a hole card – if they have a blackjack, then they have to expose it. You will lose your stake unless your hand is a natural blackjack. This peek rule works to your advantage as it prevents you from wasting money on splits and double downs.
Eight decks are used in most variants of Atlantic City Blackjack, and the maximum amount of times that you can split is three times. You also have the option of placing a late surrender, and you can double down after splitting. The rules will usually be the same regardless of the variant that you are playing.
🔵 Multi-Hand Blackjack
Multi-Hand Blackjack is exactly as it says on the tin – it is a traditional variant of blackjack where you have the option of playing multiple hands at the same time – usually the most hands that you can play at once is five.
Each hand that you are playing is independent of the others, so you will need to apply different strategies for each one. As you have to place individual wagers for each hand that you play, the table limits are usually lower than the classic game.
If you consider yourself to be a little bit of a risk taker, then this might be the perfect variant for you. However, if you are new to online blackjack UK, we do not recommend that you play this variant until you have gained some more experience as you can end up losing quite a bit of money.
Live Blackjack by Betiton UK
To get an understanding as to what live blackjack is, you need to know what a live casino is. For those who are new to the gambling world, a live casino is simply a studio that has been set up in a way to look like a brick-and-mortar casino. There will be a real-life dealer at each table, and the action is streamed to you via HD cameras that have been set up throughout the studio.
If you don’t want to play blackjack online against the computer and do not feel like visiting the closest brick-and-mortar casino, then live blackjack is a really good option. When you play at a live casino, you can talk to the dealers and any other players using the live chat feature. Below are some live blackjack options that can be played at Betiton:
- ✔️ Lightning Blackjack
- ✔️ Blackjack Party
- ✔️ Multiplay Blackjack
- ✔️ Live Blackjack Max
- ✔️ Blackjack VIP
Online Blackjack Card Values
When you play blackjack online you obviously need to know the value of the cards. If you do not, then you could end up making a mistake that will see you go bust. Thankfully, the card values remain the same no matter what variant you are playing. In the following table, you can find out about the value of the different cards:
Card Variations and Payouts in Online Blackjack
Like with other table games, whether you are playing against the computer or at a live casino, there are blackjack variants that allow players to place a variety of side bets. A side bet is there for the more adventurous player that wants to add a bit more excitement to a hand. When you play blackjack online, you usually put your wager down on a dedicated spot that is in front of you, but with a side bet, you place the wager on the side – hence the name.
Let us now take a look at the different popular side bets that are common in blackjack:
🔵 Pair Side Bets
As you have probably guessed already, with a pair side bet, you are betting on whether your two cards are some kind of pair. Below you can see the different types of pairs that you can land and their payouts.
- ✔️ Perfect Pair – If your two cards have the same colour and the same suit, then you’ll get a 30:1 payout
- ✔️ Coloured Pair – If your two cards are the same colour but a different suit, then there is a 10:1 payout
- ✔️ Mixed Pair – If your two cards are different colours and suits, then the payout is 5:1
🔵 21 + 3 Side Bet
With a 21 + 3 side bet, you need to try and make a poker hand from your two cards and the dealer’s face-up card. Even if you do not win in the main game, you can still land yourself some money from this entertaining side bet. Below are the different potential hands alongside their payouts.
- ✔️ Flush – Three cards of the same suit leads to a 5:1 payout
- ✔️ Straight – Three cards that create a numbered sequence such as 6, 7, and 8 but not with the same suit leads to a 10:1 payout
- ✔️ Three of a Kind – Three cards of the same value will lead to a 30:1 payout
- ✔️ Straight Flush – Three cards of the same suit that forms a sequence gives a payout of 40:1
- ✔️ Suited Three of a Kind – Three cards with the same number and suit will provide you with a 100:1 payout
Blackjack Bet Types
When you are playing at the best online casino for blackjack, there will be some additional actions that you can take such as doubling down, splitting cards, taking insurance, or surrendering. Below you can find out more about each of these actions:
- ✔️ Double Down – You can double your wager during a hand for an additional card. This can be a risky move to make because it could see you go bust. You can find many an online blackjack strategy regarding doubling down online, so do a bit of research before you start using such an option.
- ✔️ Splitting Cards – This can be really advantageous since it gives you the chance to play using two hands instead of one. You have to double your original wager, so you might want to think twice about doing so if you are running low on funds. The splitting rules can vary depending on the variant that you are playing, but the standard rules dictate that a split can only be done when your first two cards are a pair. When it comes to online blackjack tips, splitting with a pair of Aces is wise because it increases your chances of hitting a blackjack. Additionally, think about splitting with a pair of eights because a total of 16 is a weak hand.
- ✔️ Insurance – If the face-up card of the dealer is an Ace, then some variants will give you the chance to take out insurance. If their second card is a face card or a ten, giving them a blackjack, then you’ll get a payout of 2:1. If the dealer does not have a blackjack, then you lose, and the round carries on.
- ✔️ Surrender – You will not find this option in all blackjack variants, but if it is then you can decide to throw your hand away instead of standing or hitting. You’ll lose half of your stake, while the other half will go towards your next hand
Blackjack Side Bets
There are other side bets that can be found with the best online blackjack variants and, like we did earlier in this guide, we shall now have a quick look at them.
- ✔️ Royal Match – With such a side bet you need your first two cards to be a Queen or King of the same suit or two cards of the same suit. If it is the former, there is a payout of 25:1, while the latter comes with a payout of 5:2
- ✔️ Over/Under 13 – You can put money on your hole cards being above or under the total value of 13. It comes with an even money payout
- ✔️ Lucky Ladies – For this side bet, your hole cards have to total 20. If your two cards are unsuited, then there is a payout of 4.1. If your two cards are Queen of Hearts and the dealer has a blackjack, then you get a 1000:1 payout
- ✔️ Super Sevens – This side bet deals with the first three cards that you get dealt. If the first card is a seven, you will receive a 3:1 payout. If the second card is seven with the same suit or colour, then there is a 100:1 or 50:1 payout. If the third card is also a seven, then there is a 500:1 or 5,000:1 payout depending on if it is the same colour or suit.
How to Play Blackjack Online at Betiton UK?
If you are new to online blackjack UK, then we know that there is the possibility that you are not entirely sure as to how to play blackjack online. We’ve streamlined the process for you with a fast sign-up procedure. By following the steps below, you’ll gain immediate access to our great selection of online and live blackjack games.
1️⃣ Sign in to your account or register by filling out the registration form.
2️⃣ Navigate to the Table Games section on Betiton.
3️⃣ Opt for Blackjack.
4️⃣ Pick the specific blackjack game you wish to play.
5️⃣ Initiate the game by placing your desired stake.
Free Online Blackjack vs Real Money Online Blackjack
|🃏 Free Blackjack
|💸 Blackjack Online Real Money
|You can test out the games for free
|You’ll have to play the games with real money
|You won’t win any real money
|You can win real money
|You won’t be able to claim our bonuses
|You’ll be able to claim our casino bonuses
|You can practise the game
|You’ll be playing the game as it was intended to be played
|You can test out blackjack strategies without having to pay
|You’ll need to lay down bets in order to try out any blackjack strategies
Play Online Blackjack on Your Mobile
Nowadays, the majority of online casino players want the option of being able to play their favourite casino games wherever they happen to be, and here at Betiton we are fully aware of this fact. As a result, we have built our platform using the latest and best HTML5 technology, which means that our site can be accessed from a wide range of mobile devices. Whether you use an Android, Windows, or iOS device, you will have no problem playing on our site.
Many online casinos offer their punters an app, but we do not have one because we have ensured that our desktop site is 100% mobile compatible. You can just load up our site on your mobile device, and start playing our variety of blackjack games right away – this means that you can save valuable space on your smartphone or tablet. We also use all of the latest and best security technology, so you do not need to worry about your safety when you are playing with us.
Why Play Online Blackjack at Betiton?
Here at Betiton, we provide award-winning blackjack streaming services, that allow you to engage with live table dealers and also gives you the option to play solitary on our virtual machines. These features should be given serious consideration, as a blackjack player you must recognize that playing blackjack for real money comes with risk. Let us now look at some key elements surrounding real money gameplay.
Frequently Asked Questions about Online Blackjack
❓ Can I play online blackjack for real money?
Yes, you can play online blackjack for real money. Please remember to always gamble responsibly though when you are putting real money on the line. If you want to play for fun without risking any money, then you can make use of demos. However, you cannot win real money when playing a game in demo mode.
❓ How to win 21 blackjack online?
How to win online blackjack? This is a common question and in order to win, you need to get a hand as close to the value of 21 as possible. Your hand will then be compared to the dealer’s hand, and you will win if it has a higher value than theirs and does not go beyond 21. If you go over 21, you will go bust.
❓ Is live blackjack better than online?
Well, this depends on what it is that you are looking for. If you are after a live casino atmosphere from the comfort of your home, then live blackjack will suit your needs. If you want quick games and do not mind playing against a computer, then online blackjack fits the bill.
❓ Do people win a lot at blackjack?
This will depend on the luck that you have and the type of stake that you place. What is important to remember though is that winning is something that can never be guaranteed when you are gambling.
❓ Do casinos track blackjack winnings?
There is a conception that casinos track a player’s winnings and then make sure that they do not win more if they are deemed to have won too much. However, this is a complete myth. We will only take note of the money that you have deposited as well as the amount that you have decided to stake. We are fair, and you have as much a chance of winning as everyone else does.