Rugby Union Betting at Betiton™, the UK’s New Online Sportsbook
Rugby—or, as it’s technically known, rugby union—is one of the UK’s favourite sports, which makes sense considering that it finds its origins in England. Nowadays, this team sport offers multiple prestigious tournaments, like the Six Nations.
We’ll be going over other tournaments that you can bet on when it comes to this fantastic ball game. These form part of our wide range of wagers, which we’ll also be going over so that you can get a feel of the variety we offer.
No matter which tournament you prefer to wager on, if you are looking for a rugby betting site with the widest choice and the best odds, you’ve come to the right place. At Betiton™, we’ve got all your online sports betting needs sorted.
However, if you’re new to sports betting, then you’re going to need to know how to place a sport bet, what tips are, and so on. Don’t worry, though, as you’re in good hands: we’ll be explaining everything throughout this page.
What Are Rugby Betting Markets?
Rugby betting markets are the available wagers that you can place on rugby matches on our site. You can find them on our sportsbook, where we offer a fairly wide range of wagers on various conditions, like who’ll be the outright winner of a league.
In fact, these wagers can be on anything that happens over the course of a match. To illustrate exactly what we mean, we’ll be going over some examples of what we offer in terms of rugby betting markets in the next section.
6 Popular UK Rugby Markets You Can Bet on at Betiton™
As with every other sport that you can wager on at Betiton™, we offer plenty of rugby markets to all of our bettors in the UK. So, if you want to start wagering on this team sport, the following are the 6 most popular markets available on our sportsbook at Betiton™:
- 1X2 Full Time: for this market, you’ll need to wager on the team you think will be the outright winner, or if the match will end in a draw. 1 stands for the home side, X stands for draw, and 2 stands for the away side.
- Highest 1st Half: on this market, you’ll be betting on whether there’ll be more points scored in the first half of the match rather than the second.
- First Try Scorer: here, you’ll need to wager on the player who you think will score the first try of the game.
- Double Result: to win this market, you’ll have to try to correctly guess which team will win the first half of the match and which will win the final half.
- First to Score: for this market, you’ll need to place a bet on the team you think will be the first to score.
- Total Points: this is a wager on the total number of points that you think will be scored after a game has been played.
How Do You Place a Rugby Bet at Betiton™ Bookmakers UK?
The first thing that you need to do to be able to wager on rugby is to create an account. Without first creating an account, you won’t be able to make use of our wide array of wagers! Not to worry, however, as you can create an account in a few minutes.
Simply click on the “JOIN” button, fill in the required details, click on “OPEN ACCOUNT“, bish bash bosh, and you’re a member! After creating your account, you’ll need to make a deposit, as you’ll need some cash handy to be able to place wagers on rugby!
Rest assured, however, that your transactions are 100% safe on our site as we only support secure and internationally known payment methods. Once you’ve created your account and made your deposit, you’re ready to place a rugby wager:
- Go on the rugby section of our sportsbook;
- Feel free to browse our range of available wagers;
- Once you’ve found and chosen the wagers that appeal to you most, click on them;
- These will then appear on the betting slip on the right-hand side of the screen;
- On the betting slip, adjust how much you’d like to stake;
- Once you’re satisfied with your stake and bets, click on “PLACE BETS“;
- Enjoy your first rugby bet at Betiton™!
What Do You Need to Keep in Mind Before Your First Rugby Bet?
After creating your account, making your first deposit, and taking a gander at our available bets, you may want to make use of our welcome bonus. This is an extra bet that you’re free to use when placing a wager on any rugby game of your choice.
There are certain conditions that apply when going to redeem this bonus, including the min odds you have to wager on, the min amount you have to stake, etc. You can find all the conditions that apply to this offer in our bonus T&Cs.
Don’t Miss Out on These Top 3 Rugby Leagues
As with all other sports that you can place wagers on at Betiton™ UK, rugby offers a number of prestigious tournaments, which we’ve made available for wagering. However, the most exciting tournaments for fans and bettors are definitely the following:
|Guinness Six Nations Championship||Various||6th Feb – 26th Mar 2021|
|European Rugby Champions Cup||Various||12th Dec 2020 – 22nd May 2021|
|Rugby World Cup||France||8th Sep – 28th Oct 2023|
Bet on the Guinness Six Nations Championship
Played between 6 countries—which are France, England, Italy, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland—and running from February to March each year, the Six Nations is one of the biggest events in the rugby union calendar.
The 6 countries battle it out, creating an exciting and highly competitive league. But if you want to make it even more exciting, you can place bets on this thrilling tournament. At Betiton™ UK, there are bets available on this league.
These include who will be the outright winner, the number of tries scored, and whether that winner will Grand Slam, that is, beat every other team. Finally, you’ll be able to place your Six Nations wagers between 6th February and 26th March 2021.
Wager on the European Rugby Champions Cup
Whilst international competitions like the annual Six Nations and a number of other renowned tournaments showcase the top talents in rugby union from around the globe, the bread-and-butter games for fans are the club competitions.
In the Northern hemisphere, the European Rugby Champions Cup is the most prestigious club league. The format of this competition was recently updated to be able to pit 24 teams from different nations against one another.
The 24 teams automatically qualify based on their position in their respective home league. The clubs that qualify go to the pool stage, which consists of 5 groups of 4 clubs. Each team plays a home and away match against every other team in their pool.
The 8 teams that come out on top in the pool stage progress to the knock-out stage. The finals venue for this year’s edition will be the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille. At Betiton™, you’ll find plenty of bets available on this fantastic league!
Play Bets on the Rugby World Cup
The final championship on our list, and it’s none other than the Rugby World Cup. The Rugby World Cup is truly international, meaning that teams from all over the globe compete intensely to prove themselves the best on the planet.
20 teams from countries as diverse as South Africa, Ireland, and New Zealand, as well as UK members Wales, England, and Scotland play in this tournament. 12 of these automatically qualify according to their position in the last tournament.
The rest of the positions are contested in the qualification stage. Different regions are given a different number of slots to be able to qualify: 8 slots are given to Europe; 5 to Oceania; 3 to North and South America; 2 to Africa; and 1 to Asia.
If you’d like to place a bet on the Rugby World Cup, we have plenty of wagers at Betiton™. However, the next chance you’ll get to play your stake on the Rugby World Cup matches is in 2023, so you’ll just have to play the waiting game for now!
What Are Rugby Union Betting Odds? An Explanation
If you’re looking to wager on any of the above tournaments, you’ll be happy to know that we have plenty of odds on rugby available. But what are odds? They are the probability of an event occurring and how much you stand to gain if your wager wins.
Moreover, odds are usually presented in one of three formats: fractional, decimal, and American. These formats are effectively interchangeable as the only differences between them is how they represent the odds and where they’re most commonly used.
In Britain, you’ll most commonly see fractional odds, which are represented with fractions like so: 3/1 or 6/4. These tell you how much you can expect to receive from a winning wager and the likelihood of it winning.
Decimal odds, on the other hand, are most popular in Europe, as well as Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. These odds are represented with decimal numbers such as 2.10 or 3.75, and they’re said to be rather intuitive to understand.
What Are Rugby Betting Tips?
Rugby betting tips are suggestions on who to wager on, whether it’s a match, a tournament, etc. These are given out by tipsters, sport-experts who spend a lot time analysing player form, and other such information that helps their analysis.
Tipsters will either post their tips for free or at a price, generally in the form of a subscription fee. If you’re thinking about making a wager on rugby, there is one top tip to bear in mind: doing your research beforehand can help you when betting.
Where Can I Find the Best Rugby Betting Tips?
You can easily find all sorts of tips from a simple Google search; just be sure to take everything you read with a pinch of salt. The best tips we can give you is to keep it fun and don’t bet more than you can afford to lose!
Other Sports to Bet On:
- If we were to do a popularity contest for sports in the UK, football would generally come out on top. Thus, you can rest assured that you can enjoy placing football wagers on our sportsbook.
- England is home to possibly the greatest tennis tournament of all time, Wimbledon. Which is why we provide plenty of opportunities to play bets on tennis on our sportsbook.
- The Eurovision is one of the biggest non-sporting events on the planet, and we know how much our British bettors love to wager on the Eurovision. This is why we provide plenty of Eurovision wagers on our site!
- We know full well that a big part of UK culture is betting on horse racing, so we’ve done all we can to provide our UK players with plenty of bets on horses!
- Of course, when it comes to horse racing, there’s no bigger horse race in the UK than the Grand National. Luckily for our UK bettors, they can enjoy the wide range of Grand National wagers that we provide.
- Finally, our bettors from the UK can also enjoy playing wagers on darts since we know very well how fond our British players are of darts and betting on it.
- Betiton™ Sports Welcome Bonus
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
- Customer Support
- Responsible Gaming Policy
- Mobile Gaming
A handicap in betting means that you’re levelling the playing field between two teams; this is usually done when there is a clear favourite amongst them. To give an advantage to the underdog, a handicap is placed on the favourite, giving them a chance to be bet on. This way your wager can win even if the underdog loses in the actual game.
A parlay bet is a single bet that combines multiple wagers in one. There are many sorts of parley bets, all depending on how many wagers you combined together under one stake.
Over and under is a special sort of wager, generally presented as O/U. For this wager, we’ll be giving you a number of points that we think will be scored over the course of a match. You’ll simply need to wager against this number, wagering on whether there’ll be less points (under) or more (over).