Golf Betting at Betiton™ Ireland
Last Updated: 08-07-2022 13:39
Golf betting is a sport where players strike a ball with a series of clubs in order to put the ball in a hole in the ground. There are 18 holes in a typical course, and so, for players to progress through the course, they must go from one hole to the next.
Unlike other sports that make use of standardised playing areas, no 2 courses in this club sport are the same. Moreover, courses will feature several obstacles in order to make the sport much more challenging, such as sand pits (called “bunkers“).
In order to succeed, players will have to get their balls in the various holes of a course in as few strokes as possible. The player with the least number of strokes needed to complete a course wins! These factors make golf a highly competitive sport requiring a lot of skill.
However, if you’re new to online betting in Ireland or to golf, then there’s a handful of things that you should first know before placing your first wager. Don’t worry, however, as we’ll be explaining everything in the rest of this page.
What Are Golf Betting Markets?
The first thing that you’re going to need to know is what betting markets are. That’s because markets are what you’ll be using to bet on the sport. In other words, markets are the bets we make available on our sportsbook.
Markets can be on anything that happens over the course of the sport. In fact, we’ll be going over the most popular markets that we provide in the next section. This is in order to give you an idea of what markets are and what markets are available.
Finally, it’s also good for you to know that with every market we provide, there’s the odds for that market. These are the numbers that you’ll see on the market in question. This is an extremely important concept that we’ll be explaining later on.
6 Most Popular Golf Betting Markets at Betiton™
- Outright: with this market, you’ll be wagering on the player that you believe will take home the entire tournament.
- Winner Without Favourite: this market is quite similar to the above market, with the difference that the favourite to triumph is not considered in this market. Thus, you’ll be wagering on someone to win without the favourite being considered.
- Versus the Field: this market is the exact opposite of the above market. Rather than wagering on a golfer to win without taking the favourite into consideration, you’ll be betting on any else other than the favourite to emerge victorious. You can also choose multiple players to “not win”.
- First-Round Leader: when betting on this market, you’ll be wagering on who you think will be the top player on the first day of the tournament.
- Top 10 Finish: if you’re going to be betting on this market, you’ll be choosing a player to finish in the top 10 of a tournament.
- Match Bets: these markets, which are also known as “Matchup Bets” or “Head-to-Head Bets“, allow you to choose 2 players to see who will perform better. The rest of the players don’t matter in this wager and you’ll win so long as one of your chosen players performs better than the other.
What Do You Need to Do in Order to Bet on Golf at Betiton™?
Excited to begin making use of our markets, huh? Well, before you can play a bet you’re going to have to create an account with us. Not to worry, though, as creating an account on our platform will only take you a handful of minutes at most.
All you need to do is click on the “JOIN” button. This will cause a window to pop up; on that pop-up, fill in the empty fields with the required details. Once you’ve filled everything in, click on “OPEN ACCOUNT” and you’re an official Betiton™ member!
After creating your account, you’re going to need to make a deposit. This is the money that you’ll be using to play bets on the sport. We support a wide range of reliable and secure payment methods, so all of your deposits are 100% secure with us.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Placing Your First Golf Bet on Betiton™
Once both your account and deposit are finished, you’re finally able to wager on golf:
- On our sportsbook, look for the “golf” section and click on it;
- This will take you to all of our currently available markets on the sport;
- Feel free to browse through the markets we provide until you find the ones that you’d like to play the most;
- Once you’ve decided on your preferred markets, click on them and they’ll appear on the betting slip on the right-hand side of the screen;
- Naturally, you’re quite free to play more than one market at the same time;
- After you’ve selected the markets you want to wager on, you’re going to need to decide on how much you want to stake;
- You can do this by adjusting your stake on the betting slip;
- Once you’re satisfied with your markets and your stake, click on “PLACE BETS“;
- Congratulations! You’ve just placed your first bet on golf at Betiton™ for Irish Players!
What Else Is There That You Need to Know When Betting on Golf for the First Time?
When you make your first deposit and play your first wager on our sportsbook, you’re eligible to claim our new player welcome bonus. This is an extra bet worth €10 that we give to our newest players as a way of thanking them for joining our platform.
However, do bear in mind that there are T&Cs that apply to this bonus. This also applies to any other offer you might redeem on our platform. Therefore, we highly suggest that you consult our bonus policy and T&Cs pages before accepting.
How Does the Scoring System in Golf Work?
First things first, you should know that there multiple forms of the sport. However, the most popular forms are “match play” and “stroke play“, with the latter being by far the more popular form. Each one has different rules but we’ll be focusing on stroke play for this page.
As we already said, the objective of stroke play is for a player to take the least amount of strokes to get their ball in the hole. The number of strokes needed to hole the ball is recorded and the total number of strokes needed for all the holes of a course is tallied up.
The player with the least number of strokes needed to finish the course is the winner! However, it doesn’t just stop there because every hole has something known as the “par“. This is the estimated number of strokes that a golfer should take to sink the ball.
The par for every hole varies depending on the perceived difficulty of holing the ball. The difficulty changes according to how far away the hole is and how many obstacles lie in the way. Finally, depending on how many strokes it takes to sink the ball, a golfer’s performance is designated differently:
|3 Under Par||Albatross|
|2 Under Par||Eagle|
|1 Under Par||Birdie|
|Same as Par||Par|
|1 Over Par||Bogey|
|2 Over Par||Double Bogey|
|3 Over Par||Triple Bogey|
What Are the Most Popular Golf Events That You Can Bet on?
- U.S. Masters
- The Open Championship
- Ryder Cup
Play Your Bets on the U.S. Masters
The U.S. Masters—officially known as the Masters Tournament and also known simply as The Masters—is one of the 4 major championships of golf (generally simply called “the majors“). The U.S. Masters, however, is regularly touted as the most important major of the season.
It is the first major of the season, usually taking place during the first week of April. Moreover, it always takes place in the Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia. This makes it different from the other majors which are played in different venues.
Moreover, the U.S. Masters is an invitational event, making the number of participants smaller than other tournaments. Finally, the tournament is well-known for having a number of traditions, including the awarding of a green jacket to the champion.
Enjoy Wagering on the Open Championship
Perhaps only second in prestige to the Masters, the Open Championship is another of the major championships. This tournament—also known simply as the “Open” and the “British Open“—is the final of the 4 major championships.
It generally takes place sometime in the middle of July. Moreover, it’s the only one of the major championships that takes place outside of the United States of America. In fact, this event takes place in various locations around the United Kingdom.
Bet on Our Markets on the Ryder Cup
The Ryder Cup pits Team America versus Team Europe in an iconic biennial (that is, taking place every 2 years) contest, with alternating venues. These locations alternate between courses in the United States of America and in Europe.
The Ryder Cup is organised by the Professional Golfer’s Association (PGA) of America and Ryder Cup Europe. Moreover, Ryder Cup Europe itself is a joint venture between the PGA European Tour, the PGA of Great Britain and Ireland, and the several PGAs of Europe.
Finally, the Ryder Cup is set apart from the rest of similar competitions in the world of sports. That’s because whilst it’s a high-profile event in itself, its winners receive no prize money. This is despite the fact that the tournament generates a lot of revenue.
What Can You Do to Improve Your Golf Betting? Find Out About Odds
Another concept that is very important for you to know if you’re going to be betting on golf is what odds are. These are the numbers that you’ll see on each of our markets on the club-and-ball sport. These numbers are important for 2 reasons.
The first reason is that the numbers tell you exactly how much money you would receive if you placed a successful wager. On the other hand, the second reason is that these numbers also tell you just what chance you stand of winning your bet.
In other words, odds tell you how likely the bet will go your way and how much you’ll receive if you win your wager. This is why it’s imperative to be able to read these numbers. Speaking of which, the next section should you help you out with that.
How Do You Read the Various Golf Betting Odds Formats on Betiton™ Sportsbook?
The first thing that you ought to know if you want to be able to read the odds is that there are 3 main formats that represent your chances of success and your potential payout. These are the decimal, fractional, and American formats.
Before we can go on, you should know that there are 2 differences between these various formats. Firstly, these formats differ in where in the world they’re used the most. Secondly, they differ in how they represent the odds.
In other words, each format represents these numbers in a different way. If you want to be able to understand what the odds formats tell you, we suggest that you follow the hyperlink. We have spoken at length about these formats there.
What Are Golf Betting Tips?
One final concept that we’ll be looking at before finishing off this page is what tips are. These are pieces of betting advice given by sports-experts known as “tipsters“. Tips will tell you which player or players you should wager on in a tournament.
At the same time, tips are also predictions on who will emerge victorious in a game or championship. To arrive to these predictions, tipsters will analyse a large number of factors, including a golfer’s record, their current form, and so on.
Once tipsters have finished their analyses, they’ll post their predictions for bettors to use. You can find these tips and predictions either for free or at a price, depending on the tipster you decide to consult. Just make sure you choose the right one!
Where Can You Find Golf Betting Tips?
Looking up tips and tipsters’ predictions is actually far more straightforward than you could imagine. All you really need to do is look them up on your preferred search engine! Our best tips, however, are to never stake more than you can afford to lose; to always gamble responsibly; and to make time for other important things in life.
Other Sports to Bet On:
- We also provide markets on other sports, just in case you’d like to vary your sports betting. One such sport is none other than horse racing. We know just how much our Irish bettors love horse race betting, which is why our sportsbook is teeming with these markets.
- Another sport that is close to the hearts of the Irish is, of course, rugby. We know how popular rugby betting is in Ireland, and so we’ve done all that we can to provide our Irish punters with plenty of opportunities to wager on their favourite rugby tournaments!
- Finally, there’s no greater sport in the world than football! We know that our Irish bettors love football betting. And so, you can find betting markets on all of the greatest football tournaments that happen around the world!
- Betiton™ Sports Welcome Bonus
- Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
- Customer Support
- Responsible Gaming Policy
- Mobile Gaming
- Loyalty Programme
Golf Betting FAQs
What is each-way betting in golf?
An each-way bet is essentially a wager that’s split in 2: a win bet and a place bet. For the win bet to be successful, the selection must either finish first or triumph in a competition. For the place bet to be successful, the selection must finish in one of the predetermined places (for example, first, second, third, etc.).
What is the best way to bet on golf?
In reality, there is no best way to wager as every way of wagering is legitimate. However, since wagering is a form of entertainment, the “best” bets you can make are the ones that you’ll enjoy making the most.
What is a “dead heat” in golf?
The dead heat is when 2 or more golfers finish with exactly the same number of points or, more accurately, strokes. Thus, they end up tied for the same place (say, for example, for 3rd place). If a dead heat happens for the top position, however, this is settled by having the players play extra holes.
Who has won the most major golf tournaments?
The player who has won the most major tournaments in the sport is Jack Nicklaus, who won a total of 18 championships. Nicknamed “the Golden Bear”, Nicklaus won 6 Masters, 5 PGA Championships, 4 U.S. Opens, and 3 Open Championships.
Who has won the most Masters Tournaments?
Again, that would be Jack Nicklaus, won the Masters a total of 6 times.