Golf Betting at Betiton Ireland
Last Updated: 24-01-2024 14:27
🤑 Golf Free Bet Bet €15 and Get €10 ⛳ Bet on Golf Events ✔️ The Masters
✔️ The US Open
✔️ The Ryder Cup
✔️ The PGA Championship
🖋️ Golf Betting Markets Outright, Finishing Position, Head-to-Head Betting 💳 Deposit Methods Visa, PayPal, Skrill, Paysafecard, AstroPay
Golf fans are among the most engaged bettors in the UK and Ireland, with an estimated 81.4% of the sport’s viewing audience wagering on the action as it unfolds.
There’s also ample opportunity to engage in golf betting all year round, with the prestigious PGA Tour usually running from January until November.
The emergence of the controversial LIV golf tour as created further opportunities for betting online in the sport of golf, with a host of additional events scheduled between June and November.
In this Betiton online golf betting guide, we’ll explore the sport’s markets and most popular wager types.
Betiton Ireland Golf Betting Odds
It’s important that you understand golf betting odds before you start wagering, but prices may be displayed differently and can vary widely in real-time.
This changes the way you calculate your potential returns and implied probability.
🔴 Fractional Golf Odds
Using fractional odds is the traditional way of conveying price and value, while this method remains prevalent in the UK.
Fractional odds display two numbers separated by a slash, with the former revealing how much you can expect to win when you stake the latter.
For example, if you place a successful wager of €5 at odds of 10/1, you’ll bank a profit of €50 (while your original €5 stake will also be returned).
⚪ Decimal Golf Odds
Here at Betiton Ireland, we use decimal odds, which utilise single digits to two decimal places.
These numbers display how much you’ll win for every €1 wagered, with decimal odds revealing your potential payout inclusive of the stake amount.
In this instance, successfully wagering €5 at odds of 5.00 will deliver a total return of €25, including winnings of €20.
🔴 American Golf Odds
When betting on golf in the US marketplace, you may encounter ‘American’ or ‘moneyline’ odds.
These combine numerical values with either a plus or a minus sign, highlighting whether the player in question is an underdog or a favourite. If a player is priced with a plus sign, the accompanying number explains how much you’ll win for every €100 staked.
However, if you back a favourite with a minus sign, the number details how much you’ll have to stake to win €100.
Golf Betting Explained by Betiton Ireland
Before you can cultivate a successful golf betting system, it’s important to understand how odds can be used to ascribe an implied probability to a particular outcome.
This can help you to identify value in published odds and inform your stake amount, as you look to calculate each bet’s unique balance between risk and reward.
There’s even a formula for calculating implied probability when using decimal odds:
(1/ decimal odds) * 100 = implied probability
For example, if you want to back Team USA to win the 2023 Ryder Cup, you can take a value of 1 and divide this by the team’s average price of 2.10. The subsequent value should then be multiplied by 100, highlighting that the USA has a 47.61% chance of winning the 2023 Ryder Cup.
This is quite competitive in a contest with just three potential outcomes, and if you want to act on this or similar golf betting markets at Betiton, you’ll need to read and follow the process detailed below to get started:
1️⃣ Click through the ‘Join’ tab on the top of the Betiton homepage.
2️⃣ Enter the required personal data, such as your name, email and corporeal address.
3️⃣ Choose a preferred ‘Payment Method’ and deposit a minimum of €10 into your account.
4️⃣ A $10 deposit and qualifying wager of €10 or more will also unlock the Betiton welcome offer, so long as you bet at odds of 2.00 or greater.
5️⃣ Start to build your betslips and confirm wagers!
Golf Scoring System
|🏌️ Number of Strokes
|👏 Points (Stableford Scoring System)
|Double Bogey or Higher
|Two-over Par or Higher
Top Golf Events You Can Bet on at Betiton Ireland
As the market leading golf betting site in Ireland, Betiton covers an expansive range of golf tournaments and wagering markets. These include the sport’s four majors and iconic team events, such as the aforementioned Ryder Cup, which tend to drive most golf betting online activity in the marketplace.
|🏌️ Golf Event
|☘️ U.S. Masters
|Augusta National, Georgia
|Mon, 8 Apr 2024 – Sun, 14 Apr 2024
|☘️ The Open Championship
|Royal Troon, Scotland
|Sunday, 14 July 2024 – Sunday, 21 July 2024 (including qualifying)
|☘️ The Ryder Cup
|Marco Simone Golf & Country Club, Rome
|Friday, 29 Sept 2023 – Sunday, 1 Oct 2023
|☘️ The PGA Championship
|Thursday, 16th May 2024 – Sunday, 19th May 2024
|☘️ The US Open
|Pinehurst, North Carolina
|Thursday, 13th June 2024 – Sunday 16th June 2024
🔴 U.S. Masters Betting
Masters golf betting is incredibly popular, while the tournament’s unique heritage and history arguably earmark it as the sport’s best major.
It also has the distinction of being the only major to be held at the same course every year (the Augusta National), having been inaugurated back in 1934.
The legendary Jack Nicklaus has won the most Masters titles (six), while Tiger Woods’ surprise victory in 2019 saw him land his fifth ‘green jacket’. The defending champion is Spaniard Jon Rahm.
⚪ The Open Championship Betting
The Open Championship is golf’s oldest major tournament, having been initiated back in 1860. It typically rotates between a select number of coastal links golf courses in the UK, with the 2024 iteration scheduled to take place at Royal Troon in Scotland (which has previously hosted the tournament nine times).
Jersey golfer Harry Vardon has won The Open Championship a record six times, while American Brian Harman is the current champion after winning his maiden crown earlier in 2023.
Interestingly, it’s often an unpredictable tournament that can make betting on the Golf Open Championship challenging.
🔴 Ryder Cup Betting
The Ryder Cup is a biennial men’s golf competition that’s contested by teams from Europe and the United States, while hosting duties usually alternate between these two regions.
The 2023 iteration will take place at the Marco Simone Golf & Country Club in Rome, with the US team looking to retain the title they won so convincingly at Whistling Straits in 2021.
The United States is also the dominant side historically, having won 27 of the 43 iterations that have been hosted since the competition’s inception in 1927.
⚪ The PGA Championship
The PGA Championship (which is often referred to as the USPGA Championship outside of North America) is another golf major that’s up front and centre of the golf betting zone. It’s typically hosted by a selection of courses located in the eastern regions of the US.
The 2023 iteration (which was won by Brooks Koepka) was held at the Oak Hill Country Club. US legends Walter Hagen and Jack Nicklaus have both won the USPGA Championship five times, while Tiger Woods has four titles to his name.
🔴 The US Open
The third golf major of the season, the US Open, is another incredibly popular tournament that was first held back in 1895.
Another stroke play competition, the US Open has been hosted at various courses and locations in North America over the years, with the 2023 iteration taking place at the picturesque Los Angeles Country Club in California.
Wyndham Clark won his maiden major here in June, while four players (Willie Anderson, Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan and Jack Nicklaus) have each won the US Open on four separate occasions.
Golf Betting Markets at Betiton Ireland
Across both ante post and live golf betting, you’ll find a number of markets and wager types in play. Here’s a summary of the most popular!
- 🔴 Tournament Winner (Outright Betting) – Golf’s most basic wager, the outright wagering market, simply requires you to pick the player (or team) that you think will win a particular tournament.
- 🔴 Finishing Positions Markets – You can also back specific golfers to finish in the top five, 10 or 20 at a particular tournament, depending on the size of the respective field.
- 🔴 Each-Way Betting – Each way betting requires you to split your stake and wager between two different outcomes. So, you can back a player to win a tournament and place in the top five, for example, increasing your chances of banking a return.
- 🔴 Head-to-Head Matchups – At Betiton, you can also access head-to-head matchup markets at major tournaments. This is a viable alternative to golf spread betting, while the markets will focus on fair and even matchups between players.
- 🔴 Day Betting – You can also wager on which player or team will top the leaderboard at the end of a specific day, with some players on the tour known to be incredibly quick starters.
- 🔴 The Top Nationality – Golf prop betting is also incredibly popular, with one such market enabling you to wager on which golfer will be the top finisher in their respective country.
- 🔴 Hole-in-One – This is often presented as an even money (or yes/no) betting market, in which you’ll have to wager on whether a particular tournament will feature a coveted hole-in-one.
- 🔴 Winning Score and Cut Line – These are both attractive over/under markets, which require you to estimate the winning score at the end of a tournament or the score that will see players cut after round two in a major.
- 🔴 Betting Without – ‘Betting without’ enables you to eliminate top contenders from the field at a particular tournament, potentially creating a more lucrative back bet on one of the remaining competitors.
- 🔴 Individual Hole Betting – If you intend to wager in real-time, you can also bet on how individual players will fare at a particular hole. This is an example of micro betting.
How to Bet on Golf at Betiton Ireland?
We’ve already touched on how you can get started and register with Betiton, but how do you build your betslips and place your very first golf betting wager?
1️⃣ Firstly, make sure you’re logged into your Betiton account and click through the ‘Golf’ vertical on the left of the screen.
2️⃣ Then, browse the available tournaments and matchups, while appraising the most attractive betting markets and odds.
3️⃣ You’re then able to select outcomes and add them to the betslip on the right-hand side of the screen. Then set your stake amounts for each wager.
4️⃣ Finally, review each bet selection and stake along with the final odds. If you’re happy, just click ‘Submit’ and watch the results come in!
Golf Betting Tips by Betiton Ireland
We’ve also prepared some expert golf betting tips to help you navigate these wager types and markets.
- 🟡 Study the Form Strategically – ‘Study the form’ is an incredibly generic piece of sports betting advice, so it’s important to identify the most insightful datasets when preparing your wagers. Outside of a player’s ranking and perceived ability, you should also appraise their recent form and past performance at a particular course, while also factoring in the real-time conditions and how they impact individuals.
- ✔️ Bet on Majors – A key tenant of responsible bankroll management is ensuring that you wager your money as effectively as possible. This means carefully selecting the tournaments that you wager on, with golf’s four majors arguably offering access to the best and most diverse range of betting markets and highly competitive odds. You’ll also find much greater insights and datasets to help inform your bet selections.
- ❌ Avoid Betting on Experienced Players – When betting on majors or any PGA Tour competition, you’ll have to pick from large fields that are packed with highly talented players. Typically, it’s incredibly hard for young or inexperienced players to compete in such tournaments, unless they’re incredibly gifted and considered to be generational talents. So, avoid backing such players where possible, especially for the purposes of outright wagering.
Betiton Ireland Free Golf Betting Offer
When you do sign up with Betiton, you may also want to receive our welcome bonus, which comprises a €10 free bet when you deposit and wager at least €15.
You can place your qualifying wager on any golf betting market with odds of 2.00 (1/1) or higher, while your subsequent free bet can also be deployed on similar wager types within 14 days of it being added to your account.
No wagering requirements are in play here, although first deposits made through PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Skrill 1-Tap or the Paysafecard aren’t eligible to participate. Full Terms and Conditions apply.
Other Sports Categories to Bet on at Betiton Ireland
Golf is one of more than 30 different sports platforms here, at Betiton, so you’ll find thousands of diverse betting markets available all year round.
For example, football betting on markets, such as Premier League and UEFA Champions League, is incredibly popular, as is horse racing betting on iconic meetings, like the Cheltenham Festival.
Then there’s rugby betting, which covers both Union and League codes, and high-profile tournaments, such as the Gallagher Premiership and Rugby Union World Cup.
Responsible Golf Gambling at Betiton Ireland
As a market leading sportsbook and golf betting site, we take responsible gambling very seriously here, at Betiton.
As an account holder, you can access a number of responsible gambling tools, from personalised deposit matches and time-outs to reality checks and self-exclusion (the latter of which suspends you from accessing your account and betting offers for a fixed period of time).
At Betiton, we’re also partnered with several third-party betting charities, including GamCare and BeGambleAware.
Frequently Asked Questions about Golf Betting
How is golf score calculated?
In major tournaments, players complete four rounds of 18 holes, with the total number of strokes taken on each hole added together to create a cumulative score. Then there’s the ‘Stableford Scoring System’, which may be used in informal matches and ascribes different points’ values to each stroke type.
What is spread betting on golf?
In typical 18-hole matchplay, you may be able to access spread bets on different markets. For example, you may wager on finishing positions and where specific players will end up in the field, within a predetermined number of places. You can use a golf betting calculator to measure spread bets and odds, which aren’t available across all tournaments.
What is a “dead heat” in golf?
A ‘dead heat’ describes a scenario where two or more players finish with the exact same score and position in the field. While ties are usually settled when determining a winner, this isn’t the case elsewhere in the field, and your original stake will be divided by the number of tied winners. Payouts are then calculated based on the reduced stake value.
What is each-way betting in golf?
With each way betting, you’ll split your stake between two different outcomes when wagering on a player. This means betting half of your stake on them winning and the other half on them placing, increasing your chances of banking a return. You’ll be paid out in full if your chosen player wins, but winnings will be proportionately lower in instances where they place.
What is the best way to bet on golf?
Golf betting requires careful bankroll management and strategy. We’d recommend that you frequently watch the sport, learn the rules and study form comprehensively before placing wagers. Look out for guaranteed odds promotions and welcome offers at Betiton too, as they can create additional value and help you to get the most out of your bankroll!