The comprehensive guide to roulette strategy is essential to all betting enthusiasts because it will help increase their probability of winning. Both beginners and pros can apply some of these strategies, which we will discuss in this article.
If you are a pro, we will share a few tips and hacks to improve your skills at online roulette. Beginners will also benefit, as they will learn all the necessary information from the roulette guide that they need to begin online betting. Generally, you will find the tips that we will share here at Betiton very useful.
What is a roulette strategy?
A roulette strategy is a method designed for players to increase their chances of winning. Make no mistake, however; these methods don’t avert roulette rules – they are used within them. Some of the strategies date back to the 18th century and each one of them has a unique methodology that gives an advantage in particular situations in the game.
That said, we would recommend using several strategies together as this mitigates the chances of errors if one approach fails. You need to assess the situation and choose the appropriate strategy to use.
Why use strategies?
Using a strategy is paramount because it guides players on how to play roulette like a pro. There are existing strategies that have been used for years; players can learn from these strategies and implement them to help them increase any chance they have at winning roulette.
Some of the strategies we will share are popular and have been practised and tested by many players in the past to win online roulette. We plan to share a simple strategy for beginners and other strategies that both pros and beginners can learn.
Pros can improve their chances of winning by knowing when to apply our top strategies to roulette bets during a game. Before joining roulette, players should understand volatility, also called odds, because it is an important aspect that helps players to understand roulette.
Volatility is the relationship between the chances of winning a game and the individual wins. The ratio of winning often to individual wins is smaller in high volatility games because the individual wins are bigger. Therefore, the best strategies with valuable outputs require players to place high volatile bets.
How many strategies exist?What are the different options?
There are many strategies that have been invented over the years and we will do our best to explain a few of them to you. Players can use any of these strategies to play American roulette, European roulette and French roulette. Here, we focus on five winning strategies: the Martingale strategy, the D’Alembert roulette strategy, the Labouchere roulette strategy, the James Bond strategy, and the Fibonacci strategy. Of the five methods, some say that the D’Alembert strategy is most suitable for beginners because it is pretty simple and low-risk.
Martingale roulette strategy
The Martingale roulette strategy is one of the best known and most familiar strategies, but it remains an aggressive form of betting. The idea is that the player doubles the bet every time they lose. Eventually, the goal is to recover all the previous losses and gain a profit equal to the original stake. To put it differently, if you are trying your hand at European roulette, the probability of hitting red or black is just under 50%. So you can wager on red and continue doubling until you win and recover your losses.
- Step 1: Go for the table with a small minimum bet to allow you to double your bets after every loss.
- Step 2: Decide where to place your small wager on the roulette wheel.
- Step 3: If you decide to stay after winning, continue to bet on the same small wager.
- Step 4: Double your initial wager if you lose and place the same bet again. For instance, if you lost $3 on odds, put $3 more dollars on odds again.
- Step 5: If you lose the second wager, double it again.
- Step 6: If you win, continue placing the original small bet and keep your winnings.
- Step 7: Repeat the strategy until the maximum bet at the table is reached, or until your wagering money runs out.
The Martingale strategy can be applied to all the versions of roulette: American, European and French roulette. When applying the Martingale strategy, players need to set a limit on their wagering money before starting in order to avoid losing. Players are advised to stick to where they placed their original bets; for instance, if a player placed their bet on 1-18, then they should not change their wager because at some point the ball should rest in one of those pockets. This eventually leads players to a win, even though it might not be significant.
Labouchere roulette strategy
The Labouchere roulette strategy, also known as a split Martingale or cancellation system, focuses on having a predetermined figure of payouts a player would like to win by writing down a list of positive numbers that add up to the targeted amount. The player sums up the numbers on the alternate lists of the sequence to make the first bet. If the bet wins, the numbers get crossed out and the next bet uses the following two numbers. If the bet loses, the wager amount is added to one side of the sequence.
- Step 1: Set a goal to determine your desired payouts, which are usually explained in units. For example, $100 is equivalent to a unit valued at 10.
- Step 2: Split the units into smaller bits and note them somewhere in a row while making sure they sum up to the initial 10 units. For example 1 2 3 2 2.
- Step 3: Add the first number in the number sequence and the last number to determine the amount you will bet. For instance, the first and last numbers in our sequence are 1 and 2, respectively; on that note, the wager should bet with $30 because the numbers sum to 3.
- Step 4: Repeat the process until all the five numbers have been cancelled out.
Using the Labouchere roulette system is advantageous because it may increase the odds of winning every game. However, players need to know that in the event that a player loses, their bankroll will be affected and it will cost them a good sum of money. We recommend players apply some critical thinking before considering the Labouchere method. It is designed so that the player will eventually get their planned win, however, since roulette is a game of chance, if someone just happens to have really bad luck that day, even a great strategy may not help.
D’Alembert roulette strategy
The D’Alambert roulette strategy presents conservative roulette tips that players use to place and remove bets by one. They do not double the wager when they lose. At Betiton, we recommend this strategy, particularly for beginners. Remember, though, that the house edge is a limiting factor as it does put the odds on the side of the casino. A losing streak can result in a long sequence unless fortunes change. Nevertheless, it’s easy to track your win or lose ratio and whether you are breaking even or are at a profit.
- Step 1: Begin by making small bets on preferred pockets, for example, 1-18 or 19-36.
- Step 2: After a win, you decrease your wager by one, and after a loss, you increase a wager by one.
- Step 3: In the event that your losses become consistent, resist changing the strategy until you finally have your payout. When you are on a winning streak, stick to the strategy until your wins cover up your losses.
- Step 4: Walk away after wins and losses become equal.
The D’Alambert strategy can be used by beginners to start online roulette betting because it is reasonably safe. It is also important to note that the system does not yield big wins despite being low-risk and most of the time the house ends up winning anyway. We usually recommend beginners try using the roulette simulator to predict their odds when using the D’Alambert method. The system is also very easy to master, unlike some of the other strategies. If you are a beginner looking forward to understanding online roulette, then this is for you.
James Bond roulette strategy
And then comes the slightly different, but just as fascinating, James Bond strategy. The strategy involves breaking your wager amounts into three portions. The broken portions should not be similar. The portions are usually broken into parts of 70%, 25% and finally 5%. The strategy also prompts players to double their chips after a loss. This strategy was initially discovered by Ian Flemming in James Bond, who made the strategy quite interesting. The Bond strategy might be great to practice using free roulette, as it requires players to start with a minimum of $200.
- Step 1: Players should place $140 on the holes numbered 19-36, $50 on the holes numbered 13-18, and finally, $10 on the hole numbered 0.
- Step 2: In the event that odds of winning are high, then the numbers 19-36 will show up and you will have an 80% profit.
- Step 3: If you lose, then the numbers 1-12 will appear instead, and you will have lost all the money wagered.
- Step 4: The number 0 is always used as insurance.
The James Bond strategy is very risky compared to the other strategies because players risk losing a lot of money whenever the number 1- 12 shows up after every spin. Players also risk getting a small win when they bet on 0 or the holes 13-18.
The only great win is when the numbers 19-36 show up. There’s an approximately 50% chance of this. Basically, depending on a player’s luck, the James Bond is one of the strategies most likely to win you attractive payouts, though it is a rather high-risk strategy.
Fibonacci roulette strategy
The Fibonacci roulette strategy follows the Fibonacci number sequence, which implies that when you add up two numbers following each other in a number sequence, the sum equals the next number. In this strategy, the player bets by adding two consecutive bets together.
Players also have the option to start summing numbers in any direction as long as they follow the Fibonacci number sequence. However, the strategy is used in even or odd bets, 1-18 or 19-36, and black or red, which usually have a 50% chance of winning.The Fibonacci strategy goes by the following steps.
- Step 1: Players are required to select one of the even-money bets.
- Step 2: In the event that a player loses, they should bet by going down the sequence. For example, if you lose $1, consecutively increase the next bet to $2.
- Step 3: Move back two numbers in your sequence when you lose and bet the number found. The strategy may seem complicated at first, but if you find it fascinating, we invite you to research it further and practice on our free Betiton roulette simulators.
How to choose your roulette strategy
Is there one strategy that is better than the others? We don’t think so. It’s all a matter of personal preference and the time the players spend on practising their chosen method. Players can begin by using the roulette simulator to understand how the game works before placing any bets. You can also try free roulette at Betiton to test out some of the strategies that you have learned and familiarise yourself with the pros and cons.
Whatever you choose, just make sure you stick to it throughout the game.Each strategy has an advantage and disadvantage that players must learn and put into consideration when playing roulette games. For instance, the James Bond strategy guarantees very high payouts despite posing a very high risk of losing, whereas the D’Alambert does not yield significant payouts, yet players don’t risk making losses.
Selecting the right strategy overall means continuous practice for every player and developing tricks and hacks they will need to win a game. All strategies have their loyal followers, so now it’s time for you to pick your favourite too.
There are several. The main ones include the James Bond strategy, the Fibonacci strategy, the D’Alembert strategy, the Martingale strategy, and the Labouchere strategy.
Unless you try all the strategies we have listed above, you will not know the best strategy. The best one is the one that suits your needs and preferences.
It’s all a matter of preference, so it’s good to test out all the strategies before picking the one that seems the simplest.
Roulette related articles
Roulette offers a large number of betting options with various payout odds attached to them. Although there are multiple variants of the roulette game, there are two principle groups of betting options, namely Outside bets and Inside bets. The odds are typically stated in the form of x:1, which means winning x dollars for every […]
The comprehensive guide to roulette strategy is essential to all betting enthusiasts because it will help increase their probability of winning. Both beginners and pros can apply some of these strategies, which we will discuss in this article. If you are a pro, we will share a few tips and hacks to improve your skills […]
Whether you are a beginner at playing roulette or you are working on your approach, online roulette tends to be a great place to begin, since it provides you with the chance to test out a variety of roulette variations. This roulette guide introduces the steps to play roulette. You can use the skills you […]