When you enter the blackjack online world, you are entering the world of one of the most popular card games ever created. Allow Betiton casino in Ireland to become the main source of your blackjack gambling experience as we offer our Irish players a wide variety of fun blackjack games.
If you happen to be new to blackjack, then we will help guide you through the necessary details of this entertaining card game. We will inform you about the basics of this game, we will look at the rules and different variations that exist – from virtual games that play a lot like online slots to live dealer games that give you the chance to play against a live dealer and alongside fellow blackjack players.
What is Blackjack Online?
Blackjack in Ireland is a unique game as it is one of few casino games where your destiny is somewhat decided by the actions that you take, unlike when you are playing jackpot slots – these are just games of pure luck which is why they often come with huge cash prizes.
Also called 21 blackjack, this is a very interesting game to learn to play. The aim of this game is really simple, which is why it has become so popular at casinos. The dealer will deal everyone at the table two cards each and then he will give himself two cards, with one of the cards face-up. Your aim is to make a hand that is as close to 21 as possible (without going over as this will mean that you are bust) and to have a hand that is of a better value than the dealer’s hand. During gameplay you will be able to get more cards or split your initial hand into two, so you have two separate hands to the casino’s one.
Blackjack is a card game that has many different variants, so you might find that the rules vary slightly depending on the variant that you are playing. Therefore, before you start to play a new variant in Ireland, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the rules first.
What Are the Rules of Online Blackjack?
At Betiton, we want all our members to be able to play blackjack with confidence so that you can improve their chances of walking away a winner. Therefore, below we are going to explain the basic rules of blackjack that can be used when playing all the variants that you can find at our online casino:
- When you sit down at a blackjack table, the first thing that you have to do is place a bet that is equal or higher than the table limit
- You will then be given two cards from the dealer, and he will then deal himself two cards, with one of those cards being placed face-up for everyone at the table to see
- The player now has to make a number of decisions in order to try and improve their chances of winning. For example, you can take a “Hit” which means that you will be given another card at no extra cost. You can also “Stand”, which means that you play on with the hand that you were originally given. You can also “Double Down” which gives you the opportunity to double your original wager and receive another card. Furthermore, in some variants, you will be able to “Split” your hard and form two individual hands
- Once every player at the table has taken their turn, it is now down to the dealer to make his move
- The dealer will turn over his face-down card to show the table his full hand. If his hand adds up to a value that is less than 16, he has to hit until he reaches a value of 17 or more
- When the dealer “Stands”, he compared his hand with the players’ hands and anyone that has a better hand than him will be declared a winner. If the dealer goes bust, then all players still in the round will be winners
- If your hand has the same value as the dealer’s hand, it is a tie (called a push), and you get your stake returned to you
These are the basic rules of blackjack and they apply for both live and virtual games. It is these simple rules that make this card game one of the most popular casino games – even more popular than the likes of craps or baccarat.
All You Need to Know about Blackjack Games
Blackjack is a game that is as diverse as online roulette, which is another traditional casino game that provides players with the chance to control their wagers. As well as virtual roulette, you can also find live roulette at our casino.
Blackjack is a card game that has gone through generations and has adapted over time to create different variants that are now as popular as the traditional blackjack game.
At Betiton we will provide to our Irish players access to a wide variety of blackjack games that come in the shape of virtual games and live games – we really hope that you enjoy them.
Find the Best Online Casino Blackjack Games in Ireland
To help our members locate the best type of blackjack game for them we allow you to try out our blackjack games for free in a demo mode. Therefore, instead of worrying about losing your own money, you can concentrate on learning the ins and outs of the game as well as practice any blackjack strategies that you would like to try out when you go back to playing for real money.
Discover Popular Online Blackjack Games
Now that you know the basic rules of this game and that you can play them for free at Betiton online casino, we will now take a closer look at 5 popular blackjack variants that you can find at our casino.
- Blackjack Multi-Hand: This 8-deck variant was created by iSoftBet. You can “Split” once, and you can pay “Insurance” which pays out at 2:1. You cannot “Surrender” and if you get a blackjack then you will be paid out at 3:2. The RTP of this blackjack variant stands at 99.40%.
- Vegas Downtown Blackjack: This blackjack variant was created by Microgaming and players are allowed to “Split” on any value or pair. You can only double down on your first two cards or after you have “Split”. There is an “Insurance” option, but there is no “Surrender” option. The dealer has no choice but to “Hit” on a soft 17. This blackjack variant comes with an RTP of 99.65%.
- Atlantic City Blackjack: This is another blackjack variant that has been developed by Microgaming. There are 8 decks in use and players can split up to three times per round. The dealer has to “Stand” on a hard and soft 17. You will have the option to “Double Down” once you have split your cards. There is no option to Surrender”. The RTP of this blackjack variant is 99.68%.
- Blackjack European: This 6-deck blackjack variant was produced by Red Rake. Splitting is only allowed once for each hand and the dealer has to “Stand” if their hand has a value of 17. If you get a blackjack, there is a pay out of 3:2. You can “Double Down” after splitting, but only with a hand that a value of 9, 10, 0r 11. The RTP of this game is 99.34%.
- Blackjack Royal Pairs: This blackjack variant uses 8 decks and was created by iSoftBet. Players are allowed to “Split” once per hand, and there is the option to buy “Insurance” that pays out at 2:1. If you get a blackjack, you will be paid out at 3:2. If the face-up card of the dealer is an Ace or a card that has a value of ten, the dealer is not allowed to check for a blackjack. There is a Royal Pairs side bet. The RTP of this game is 99.40%, while the RTP of the side bet stands at 93.72%.
Another reason why blackjack has become so popular is that it has the lowest house edge of any casino game. For example, the house edge of blackjack is a lot lower than the house edge for online scratch cards.
What about Live Blackjack?
At our Betiton casino, you will find a great live casino platform. You will be able to find 59 blackjack tables where you will be able to play against live dealers and alongside fellow blackjack enthusiasts. Live gambling is considered by many gamblers to be the pinnacle of online gambling because of how immersive it is. Live gaming gives you the chance to experience a variety of blackjack games in a different light. The blackjack live casino games that you will find at Betiton include the likes of:
- Speed Blackjack Live
- Blackjack Party
- Platinum Blackjack
- Blackjack Diamond
- The Strip Blackjack
Live games are totally different from virtual games. At a live streaming platform there are real tables, real cards, real players, real dealers, and everything is playing out in real time. Live gaming is something that allows you to have a realistic casino experience without you having to leave your sofa. You will also be able to talk to the dealer and your fellow players, which is a feature that helps to add to the realism.
Remember to keep a look out for live casino bonuses on our Betiton Promotions page. These bonuses will let you play live blackjack using some free credit.
Are There Any New Blackjack Games?
When it comes to online gaming, no matter what type it is, our aim is to give our members the greatest software and the newest game releases so that you can remain thoroughly entertained. Therefore, to achieve this aim, we constantly update our game lobby to increase your chances of winning at our casino.
When it comes to blackjack, we are happy to be able to say that Betiton Casino has partnered with iSoftbet to create two unique games that you cannot find anywhere else.
Betiton Casino Blackjack: In this variant the dealer has to “Hit” at 16 and must “Stand” on 17. The lowest wager that you can bet is €0.01 and the highest wager is €10.
Betiton Casino Blackjack Multi-Hand: This 8-deck blackjack variant pays blackjack out at 3:2 and offers “Insurance” at 2:1. The dealer has to “Hit” on 16 and has to “stand” on 17. The minimum bet is €0.01, and the maximum bet is €10.00.
How to Play Blackjack Online
Blackjack rules are easy enough for beginners to grasp quickly and to start playing with confidence. When it comes down to virtual blackjack, there will always be automatic guidance to help you out. These are basically instructions that you should consider when you have been dealt your first two cards.
So, let us now have a look at the different actions that you can consider when you are playing a game of blackjack:
- Hard/Soft: In a game of blackjack the Ace can hold a value of 1 or 11. The Ace can make a hand hard or soft. A hard hand is a hand where the Ace can only be a 1 because if it is used as an 11, the hand will go bust. A soft hand, on the other hand, is the opposite – you can use an Ace as a 1 or an 11 without going bust.
- Push: This is when you have the same value hand as the dealer. In this scenario, your stake will be returned to you.
- Hit/ Stand: These are the two most common words you will here when playing a game of blackjack. When you decide to “Hit”, you will be given one more card. If you decide to “Stand”, you will stick with the cards that you have already.
- Double Down: With this action you will be given one extra card, but you will have to double your wager.
- Insurance: If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace, then you can bet that they will have a blackjack. If you are correct, there will be a payout of 2:1 and you will break even. We think it is easy to see why this is known as “Insurance”.
- Split: This allows you to split your hand into two separate hands, which gives you double the chance of landing a blackjack. Some variants have different rules about what cards can be split, but the general rule is that cards have to have the same value in order for them to be split.
- Surrender: If you feel that the dealer has a better hand than you, you can surrender half of your stake and pull out of the round.
- Blackjack: To get a blackjack and receive a 3:” payout, you need to have a hand that has an Ace and another card that has a value of ten.
What Are the Online Blackjack Card Values?
Regardless of whatever type of blackjack you are playing, the value of the card will remain the same. Below we have quickly explained the values of the different cards that you will come across when playing blackjack.
- The number cards have the same value as the numbers that appear on them
- Jacks, Queens, and Kings are all worth 10
- Ace can be used as a 1 or an 11
Online Casino Blackjack Basic for Beginners
Playing new games can be a daunting thing for players who are new to the world of casino online. We are more than aware of this fact which is why we at Betiton want to help our members become comfortable when playing games like blackjack. This is why we give our players the chance to play our games for free in demo mode.
When you are playing blackjack variants for real money, it is always prudent to make your decisions based on dealer’s face-up card is instead of what you have in your hand. If the dealer has a face-up card that has a value of 2-6, then you can be sure that they will have a weak hand. If their face-up card has a value of 7-8, then you might know that the dealer will have a moderate hand.
However, if their face-up card is 9 or more, then you know they will have a pretty strong hand. Knowing this means that you will make wise decisions when it is your turn to make a move.
What is Blackjack Insurance?
Insurance is basically a side bet that you can place if you dealer has an Ace as their face-up card or a card that has ten as its value. With this side bet you are basically betting that the dealer has a blackjack. Is this a side bet that you should use often? Well, the general consensus among blackjack players is that there is really no true advantage to placing an insurance bet. The best that can happen is that you will break even, but by default you will end up losing the main game.
What about Split Cards?
Splitting cards allows players to have two goes at beating the dealer as you will have two hands to play against their one. The downside to this is that you will need to double your original stake, so if you are unlucky and you go on to lose both of your hands, you will end up losing double the money.
The splitting rule varies depending on what type of blackjack you are playing, but the most common rule is that your initial hand has to be made up of two cards with the same value. A good tip to keep in mind when you are thinking about splitting is to split when your hand is made up of two Aces – this will improve your chances of getting a blackjack.
Play Online Blackjack Games at Betiton for Real Money
Betiton offers blackjack players lots of opportunities. You can play against some live dealers and with some fellow gamblers or you can jump on a virtual machine and play by yourself. Playing for real money is something that we recommend that you consider seriously as we do not possess any powers to make you win all the time.
When it comes to blackjack betting, there are three different main bet types that you will encounter.
- Ante: When you sit down at a blackjack table you have to place a bet – this is known as an Ante bet. It has to be equal or higher than the minimum wager that has been set for the table.
- Double Down: When you are making this type of bet, you are putting down an additional bet that is the same as your original stake. The dealer will then provide you with one more card that can be used to try and increase your winning chances.
- Split: You have the choice of splitting your initial hand into two separate ones. You will be given two extra cards and you have to place another stake that is equal to the one you placed at the start of the round.
If you are a gambler that cares about stats that come with casino games, then it is safe to say that you will not find a better game to play than blackjack. This is because blackjack comes with a house edge that is just 0.5% – the lowest house edge that you will find at casinos.
Casino Offers and Bonus
For Betiton players, there is a promotions page that offers great bonuses that you can use on live and virtual blackjack. At the time of writing, we have a good Welcome Bonus that new players can claim. Thanks to our Welcome Bonus you will be able to claim €150 in free money and 150 bonus spins.
When it comes to bonuses and promotions for Irish players, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the T&Cs so that you understand what our wagering requirements are, the min and max deposit values, the games that you will be able to use the bonus money on, and how many days you have to make use of the bonus.
Withdrawal & Deposit at Betiton
If you decide to sign up with us, you will soon realise that we provide our players with many different payment options to deposit and withdraw money.
The banking options that you will find include Neteller, Skrill, and PayPal and credit and debit cards. If you would like to find out more about the different payment methods available, then simply head on over to our Payment Methods page. If you have any issues, then get in contact with a customer support agent and they will help you. You can contact a customer support agent by visiting our “Contact Us” page.
Play Blackjack Online on Your Mobile
Our casino was constructed using the latest and best HTML5 software available. Thus, you can rest assured that the casino is compatible with a wide range of mobile devices. If you have a mobile phone with Android, iOS, or Windows systems, then you can access our mobile casino without having to download a single thing.
All that you need to do is sign up with us and have a connection to the Internet. You definitely do not have to worry about security as we use of the latest and best security technology on the market. If you look on the search bar you can see a padlock icon which is a clear indication that your personal information and bank details are safe when you are playing with us.
Customer support and Loyalty Club
At Betiton it is safe to say that we look upon loyalty very fondly and anyone who is loyal to us will be rewarded for it. This is why we have a loyalty program. Every time you spend €40, you will be given 1 loyalty point. These are added up as you gain them and the more you have, the higher up the 7-tier system you will climb. The higher you are, the better the rewards on offer.
Responsible Gambling at Betiton
We pride ourselves on the way that we look after our customers – we will offer valuable gaming advice and provide tools that help those who have a gambling addiction. If you have some type of addiction to playing casino games, then we wholeheartedly recommend that you have a chat to someone from GamCare, who will offer you some fantastic advice.
As for us, we offer all our players the option of limiting your deposits, finding out your playing time, excluding yourself from your own account, and reality checks.
Can you play real blackjack online?
The answer to this is a resounding yes. At this casino you can select from more than 50 live blackjack games. You will be playing against some live dealers and can play alongside some fellow blackjack fans.
How do you play blackjack at home?
The best thing about having a Betiton account is that you can access all our games using any device that can connect to the Internet. You can play all our games from the comfort of your own living room without having to download a single thing.
Is online blackjack safe?
The software of each game that you can find on our site is tested and verified by iTech Labs before we let anyone start playing them for real money. Furthermore, we make use of the best security technology to make sure that your personal information and bank details are safe.
How Do You play Blackjack for Beginners?
If you have not played blackjack before, then we suggest that you use our free demos before you play using your real money. When you play for free you can teach yourself the rules as well as learn any blackjack strategies that you are thinking about using. You will be able to find some more valuable information over on our blackjack strategy page.